Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

Surely ppl are intelligent enough to take information from lots of different sources, assess their suitability as they see fit and come up with their own opinions? Radio, TV, internet forum, friend of a friend of a friend...

I'm finding SF very useful, alongside TV and radio reports and I weigh each one up as more info comes along

I am not trying to stir up trouble on here - but seeing as though an admin on this site has said and I quote again.

Now.. being someone who works in a legal capacity I have forwarded this onto Radio Sheffield BECAUSE my dear fellow - for starters, this is a comment that is not helping anyone in any way - secondly, the intent was to stear people to ignore anything coming from Radio Sheffield hinting at them not giving the correct advice, so as such you are making libelous comments are you not?

As I have said, I have passed this onto Radio Sheffield for them to see for themselves.

So are we to believe tittle-tattle on a forum then and not the local media, who I am sorry to say for you, a lot more adept at delivering media to the masses.

there are thousands of people currently in rescue centres, three people have lost their lives in this, and you are stirring up more trouble?

Isn't there enough trouble in Sheffield as it is

What kind of sick person are you? Oh sorry you said you worked in a legal capacity...question answered

well done for ruining a thread.. glad to see you signed up today specifically to do so.. if you find time out from your busy schedule of sitting on your high horse, look up the term \"internet troll\"..

thanks for all the constant updates, Admins and fellow forummers :)

Nope, I havent signed up to internet troll on here - I have signed up to check out what is going on with the flood situation and much more.

The fact of the matter remains, and whether the high horses on here agree or not - not that I care - is that I was defending a radio station who are giving out advice to people in need... and for someone to say Ignore them - I find quite rude and also it is not helping the people who have been giving the advice out.

Maybe its more looking out for the publics welfare

Just saw an interview with a senior fire officer at the dam site, and he seemed to be saying that all the pumps they now have working are just managing to cope with the water coming into the dam, although they have more pumps on the way.

Looks like this is going to be a long job and a long enforced absence for the evacuees.

My daughter and a friend have have just walked in. They've been sent home from Handsworth Grange School. They've been told the reason is due to to Ulley Reservoir going to have a controlled explosion and the power is expected to go off.

Posts (and a user!) removed from the forum. Apologies for him, some people need a daily fix of attention and I guess he's hunting for today's. The \' \' in his post suggest he was using a script to try and hide his true ID. Anyway, lets keep this thread related to its title, reminder: "Ulley dam is likely to break shortly".

Anyone wanting to discuss the BBC, media bias, etc. can please use another thread, many thanks.

Looks like South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue are doing a great job down at Ulley and have been working hard throughout the night. Looking at news just now, if it stays dry then they might be able keep the pressure off the dam, but the situations looks to be very grave.

Archived