Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

Yes we had a knock on the door from a chap who needed to make use of our drive, he is on call out at the moment(emergency services driver) and seemed fairly positive that the dam is going to breach

Yes we had a knock on the door from a chap who needed to make use of our drive, he is on call out at the moment(emergency services driver) and seemed fairly positive that the dam is going to breach

Is there any sort of time scale to it, though? Like, when do they 'expect' it to happen? It all 'appears' to be stable, at the moment ...

I have just seen the pics on the SkyNews and the water they are pumping out of the damn is going into the fields near the power station, I can see some of the power grids surrounded by water, and not far from the power station.

Its quite shocking to look at.

Dont know, he just said that the situation being as it was he had been placed on permenant call out, ssemed to think he would be out most of the night because the dam was going to breach. He just wanted to check it was o.k to use our drive if he got chance to come home in the middle of the night..

My friend's daughter works in a hotel in town, and apparently a council official is going round town warning of possible power loss in the near future. :(
No wonder the energy companies make such huge profits if they get the local authority to do their dirty work. :suspect:

Archived