Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

Sheffield City Council website: "Please try to use as little electricity as possible. We are currently experiencing electrical surges at the moment and we need to make sure that power is diverted to those that need it most. Try to conserve energy by only using what you absolutely need to. Please turn off lights and other any electrical items that are not essential for business or home use. Thank you for your help.

We have experienced power cuts in parts of the city over the last 24 hours. It is possible that further areas will be affected in the near future. We are asking people to conserve power as much as possible and take reasonable precautions. For example, make sure that you have some candles, a torch and some batteries for electrical items, if possible, in case of power failure in your neighbourhood. Please listen to the local radio for more information and further updates."

Gee, if people are using their computers and the Internet to monitor the situation they are hardly going to save power....Maybe they should have thought of that one before putting it up there!:loopy:

On the Dam will it/won't situation, Radio Sheffield forecast heavy showers including Hail and Thunder tomorrow!!!! :help:

I'm just waiting for the frogs and locus to show up

It looks like they have really got things under control now, trying to strengthen the outside wall... nothing is certain of course, I suppose.

I wonder how much water they have had to pump down onto poor Catcliffe!

It looks like they have really got things under control now, trying to strengthen the outside wall... nothing is certain of course, I suppose.

I wonder how much water they have had to pump down onto poor Catcliffe!

CALENDAR SAID THE DAM HAS LOWERED BY 3 INCH

Archived