Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

Geez,

I really wonder sometimes about people myself, i always say in my opinion in each of my posts on this forum and everybody gets so worked up and gets all deffensive really i see no need for it, what was said was indeed my opinion and not everybodys but i feel like people are saying that im making a personal attack on them,

personally im disgusted that people are being like this with me, as and when the other posts are indicating about lack of post today, are more worried they will miss that all important junk mail and bills when 3 people have died in this

but either way get this back to the people that matter in this the folk with flooded homes.

*sigh* It's been a long day.

Surely we cannot afford to prepare for absolutely EVERY eventuality that nature may throw at us? This dam has done pretty well for almost 200 years.

Can you afford the huge hike in council tax that would be needed to ensure that absolutely no natural damage could ever occur anywhere ever in the whole of S Yorks?

Did you see the poor old ladies being interviewed on tv? The one's evacuated from Catcliffe? I really felt for them. And they're now in their second night at Dinnington Comp - it looks like quite a few people have been able to go to friends of family though :)

I hope the firebrigade have managed to reduce the risk of the dam bursting its banks, I reckon it must have been touch and go for quite a while.

I just hope we don't get any rain tomorrow.

Archived