Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

Walked across again at eight thirty after going over this afternoon. Dam looked slightly higher. I was stood in the field just a bit before where the Sky reporter has been doing the reports from... you can actually walk down to the bottom road coming out of Ulley but I decided not to chance it.

However watched these bold as brass group of children then go right down to the water! They must have sneaked past the police at the bottom, too far to yell at.

I think that these people are doing a stirling job, it must be quite frightening for them to think it could go at any minute so hats off to them. If this dam does burst, it will affect right up to Denaby in Doncaster and beyond- lots of the schools that weren't shut today, are shutting tomorrow on the advice of DMBC, all because the effect that Ulley Dam might have.

I think possibly, without offending anyone and I really feel for you if you are from there, that the houses at Catcliffe now are ruined and perhaps the enviromental agency and Rotherham council are thinking, well carry on ruining a group of houses rather than have widespread devastation across the city and borough. I think the scenes in Catcliffe will be completely unbelievable by the morning. :(

its like this if you were out till 4 in the morning helping others and pulling cars out of lakes i would let it go but as you were sat there infront of a warm fire watching it all happen on tv then i think i can let a bit of harmles steam off in here

Archived