Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

and no its not my job to do that, i did it just to help others, and no i did not get paid for it either

Lots of people on here have been helping on different areas of sheffield biglad not just you!.

Catcliffe is getting worse because of how they are draining the dam, I dont suppose they have much choice as its either flood catcliffe or ruin a wider area and damage large power supplies. However if you have seen catcliffe and know what the families are going through I suggest people keep this thread nice and friendly! I have never seen people I love so devasted before, its heartbreaking watching water being pumped into their houses! By tomorrow it will look like hurricane katrina hit! :(

i was there and i was helping, the water from the dam will only affect them if it breaches but the pumping wont make a differance to the water level as yet unless it rains in the next 24 hours

What do mean it wont effect them yet? Are you replying to me? The reason the water levels in catcliffe are rising so fast still is because the water they are pumping out of Ulley they are putting in catcliffe! Thats why its gone up so quick!

the major reason is water comming from higher ground and not the dam as such at the monentbut if the water table does not go down in the next 24 hours then yes the dam water will make differance catcliff water was gaining in hight even before they were pumping the dam

the major reason is water comming from higher ground and not the dam as such at the monentbut if the water table does not go down in the next 24 hours then yes the dam water will make differance catcliff water was gaining in hight even before they were pumping the dam

The main reason isnt water coming from higher ground, although it is part of the reason, If it was just that then it wouldnt be rising as fast as it is! They are putting the water from Ulley into catcliffe! Thats why is flooding so high so fast. Also dont you think its strange out of all the interviews on the TV and radio when they have been interviewing the people dealing with Ulley that not one person has said 'yes but where is the water going that you are pumping out?' think about it.............

Hi all This is a nightmare for me...I live in treeton but i'v been on hols in the US since the 14th and only heard from sky news video about ulley has the whole of treeton been evaced...I cant get any news on this were I am...I'm due back home on 29th were am I supposed to go?? can anyone help me on this I'm so worried

FIRST HAND NEWS

I was at the dam from 8pm to 1am.

When I arrived the engineers were saying there was a 25% chance it would burst.

The filling operation has finished for tonight with the engineers saying there is less than a 10% chance it will go.

Pumping is to continue through the night.

If I'm there in the morning if a mod will text his contact number to the number below I'll feed you updates via that mod.

Glad you're save and sound. Winn Garden is all sorted out. I can't believe it's now Rotherham's turn.

Where are you? Are you back home?

How come you can go back home? Why aren't you in an evacuation centre? Is it cos it's too far from your home?

Btw, I'm thinking of going up to one of the centre now. We're in chat.

pictures from this evening

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/bigfootedfred/PIC_0035.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/bigfootedfred/PIC_0026.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/bigfootedfred/PIC_0033.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/bigfootedfred/PIC_0027.jpg

The guys from RMBC, the police, fire and various others have been working all day and night to try to protect the people and property that would be in serious trouble if this dam burst.

I'll post more tomorrow if I'm there again.

Archived