Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

Does anyone have any recent updates on the dam? the new isnt on til 10 and i just want to know whats happening :/
Latest info from Rotherham Council website states

"The risk of a breach in the dam wall at Ulley Reservoir has now been significantly reduced. Pumping out is continuing at the site, but progress with temporary repair work to the wall has been good and the dam is now more stable. However, the situation is being continually monitored."

well the power of prayer is enormous so lets all start praying that they've done enogh to meet the challenge of a further heavy downpour.

I'm not really a religious person......but I'll be praying for as little rain as possible over the weekend. It was close for us the other day.....and Catcliffe etc is much worse

I'm not really a religious person......but I'll be praying for as little rain as possible over the weekend. It was close for us the other day.....and Catcliffe etc is much worse

I'm not a religious person so I, er, won't be praying.

Latest info from Rotherham Council website states

"The risk of a breach in the dam wall at Ulley Reservoir has now been significantly reduced. Pumping out is continuing at the site, but progress with temporary repair work to the wall has been good and the dam is now more stable. However, the situation is being continually monitored."

Pheww thats a relief, i live in swallownest and i no were lucky enough to get flooded but no electricity would have been awful too!

Archived