Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

I think that the water that is being drained from sheffield and the ulley dam had made doncater become flooded. please correct me if im wrong.

I am guessing there is a clue in the name "don"caster somewhere. Do you think the Don might flow through there? :huh::help:

Hope it doesn't go, but it will at some stage

only way to get it repaired is to empty it mostly to re construct all the sides

Just goes to show.........a little information is a dangerous thing. :roll:

I think that the water that is being drained from sheffield and the ulley dam had made doncater become flooded. please correct me if im wrong.

It will be a contributory factor: the Rother joins the Don at Rotherham. There is probably something of a time lag effect whereby places further downstream become affected later in the process.

What a stupid idea someone put forward on the radio. Everyone who is served by the ulley reservoir should turn their taps on at the same time to help empty it. then all the water won't pour down the valley keeping the villages flooded.....hang on a mo.....would that work?

anyone know?

Definitely wouldn't work because Ulley is no longer a 'working' reservoir. It was decommissioned several years ago and sold to Rotherham Council, along with Thrybergh Reservoir, for the princely sum of £1 each to be used as a 'country park'.

Definitely wouldn't work because Ulley is no longer a 'working' reservoir. It was decommissioned several years ago and sold to Rotherham Council, along with Thrybergh Reservoir, for the princely sum of £1 each to be used as a 'country park'.

If it's not essential then, does anyone know what the plan is? Will it now be drained and decommissioned? Seems a waste of money to rebuild the dam face if it's not a water supply.

If it's not essential then, does anyone know what the plan is? Will it now be drained and decommissioned? Seems a waste of money to rebuild the dam face if it's not a water supply.
its part of a country park,fishing,boating,walking,wildlife etc.

Archived