Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

[edited post]Some inaccuracies in your post and I don't really want people pinging the server right now, for obvious reasons! But you were right in the fact that the server hosting SF is actually based in the USA due to their cheaper hardware and bandwidth costs. SF chugs through a lot of GB of transfer (160GB so far in June). - Geoff [/edited post]

Lots of local rumours around but I understand the current situation is that the damn is still in tact but still 'critical'

Hope it doesn't go.

Our back garden is bad enough....wouldn't fancy the poor people having a full damn coming down on them

Lots of local rumours around but I understand the current situation is that the damn is still in tact but still 'critical'

It is indeed still intact. It's been assessd by engineers at the moment.

How far has it been evacuated upto Rotherham, as far as whiston crossroads/hospital?

I wouldn't have thought it would travel that way, but not too familiar with the Ulley area.

Not that far up, I believe; a close friend of mine lives on Savile Road (near the cross roads) and hasn't been evacuated yet.

I heard that some areas around Swinton / Wath / Mexborough / Conisborough are being evacuated but not sure if this is due to threats from Ulley, but the water levels are still rising in that part of the county.

Yes I have prepared for a power faliure, wind up radio is out I have batterys for the portable T.V . and we can cook tea on the gas cooker. I just need to find the cord for the modem on my laptop so I can still access the net while the battery has power.

Archived