Road closures discussion volume 2... from Tuesday evening

Tony

Now that some roads have come back into use we have a new thread to provide updates of roads that are still closed in aiticipation of folk wanting ot get out on Wednesday morning.

So, please post details of roads that you know are still closed here.

The old thread can be found here.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=229947

Any ideas about the route via Barnsley to the A1, or A61 to Chesterfield and the south? :confused: My in-laws are increasingly desperate to leave, espcially with the threat of more rain to come...

Thanks in advance...

There appears to be severe structural damage to the A61 Penistone Road between the A629 Burncross Road junction and the Crown Inn, the road is closed pending some detailed investigation tomorrow which may require excavations.

Nursery Street is closed overnight to allow some of the North Sheffield power restoration work to take place but should be reopen tomorrow morning.

The main route into Sheffield from the M1 J30 via Renishaw is closed (6pm) due to flooding between Renishaw and Eckington (by the golf course). I know there are far too many road closures for Radio Sheffield to broadcast in their traffic slots but this is a main route into Sheffield and there was no mention of it. Took me just under 2 hours to get to the M1 J30 roundabout from Peterborough and another hour and a half to do the last 5 miles :(

Oh dear... i hope people may able to recover quickly.

does anyone know if morrison in catcliffe is open?

i work weekends and haven't heard anything from managment. I will give them a call on friday but just wondering if anyone knows the situation as it stands.

best wishes to anyone effected

Archived