Road closures discussion volume 2... from Tuesday evening

Tony

does anyone know how the A57 is holding up with all the extra traffic? I need to get back to Retford (to more floods!) at about 7 tonight and I think A57 is the best bet.

Just praying my house isn't floating when I do get there.

I used the A57 Monday and last night at about 8.15pm and it was clear so touch wood I cant imagine being any different tonight. Maybe best to hold off a little bit to let rush hour calm down and set off a bit later on.

You can get on A57 to M1 at J31 northbound (Aston) and get off at J32 M18 into Donny although I have no idea what Donny will actually be like when you get there I heard they where evacuating certain areas.[/quote

I thought there were problems at A1/A57 area?

Yes but thats past M1 junction out towards worksop, not sure on the exact details but I know Worksop was quite badly flooded.

I think the problems with the A57 are at the A1 roundabout at 5 Lane Ends near Clumber Park. But I turn off before there and go via Ranby to Retford.

I'm just concerned with this side of the M1, from Mosborough to Aston as I know a lot of people will be using this as their alternative route.

Hopefully it will be ok come 7, provided people aren't stuck again!

At least the rain appears to have stopped for now....

Archived