Road closures discussion volume 2... from Tuesday evening

Tony

My geography is rubbish...so DannyBoy...if I go that route tomorrow to work [in Retford] I should be ok?

Parkway, A57, via Gateford, pass Bassetlaw hospital and into Retford that way

I think so but my journey goes as far as North Anston, so I have no idea what the roads are like after there! The post above seems to suggest that the A1 roundabout is where the problem is so best to avoid that.

Also Dave re the road at 7pm I think most of it would have cleared by then but if your worried about the parkway and Mosborough you could perhaps carry on up POW road after the parkway junction and take your first left past the Liddle (sp) then take the left where the Springwood pub follow the road to the top of the hill then turn left then turn right, follow the road to the end and turn right again and then left at the brow of the hill, this road will take you past City school and into Woodhouse. Then its up to you whether you would go through Woodhouse Mill up Fence Hill and through Swallownest/Aston and onto the A57 or if you headed towards Beighton and joined the A57 that way all options which be a bit better traffic wise.

Fanfa the Parkway is closed at Handsworth through to Rotherham. But you can get off and follow road to Mosborough bypass but see above if you wish to avoid parkway.

(I hope I havent given my secret route away now and the raffic is bad for me) :)

Archived