Road closures discussion volume 2... from Tuesday evening

Tony

RS states Northbound still has "restrictions" - not much detail specifically if anyone can clarify.....

oh hang on

(radio sheffield speaking to police)

gist of it was:

J33 remains closed , J34 southbound closed, 3 lanes northbound opened

Contingency plan now in place, dam wall is now "stabilised"

in the eventually it "did burst" there would be enough time to move cars hence its reopening

I've just come back from sheffield in the last hour and came via meadowbank rd. Centenary Way, and Old Sheffield Rd Bridge is open, as is the route into Rotherham from sheffield via Sheffield Rd (templeborough), clean up on the other side was also in progress so shouldnt be long until the rest are open.

Diversion from Middlewood Road - up Stockarth Lane via Worrall was fine about 15 mins ago, but horrendous queues down Jawbone Hill into Oughtibridge from the other side due to work on the bridge.

Does anyone know what the situation is with Penistone Road/ Halifax Road A61? I hear that part of the road has collapsed, but not sure where. If so, are there diversions in place and where do these take you to? I am hoping to get to work in Burncross tomorrow morning and I normally take penistone rd, A61 and right turn onto Bracken Hill!

Archived