Road closures discussion volume 2... from Tuesday evening

Tony

Thanks kblade! wife has to get down to work at the side of Hilton Sheffield earlyish tomorrow.

Cheers m8. ;)

Glad to help a little. I went to look at the river as I'd been there yesterday too and noticed it was open, if a little dirty (but dry!) :)

The bridge that crosses the river on Livesey Street S6 has just collapsed. Road already closed but this will make the closure a greater distance.

Info correct at 23.16.

Whereabouts is this im fairly new to area,is it the one near deep end ?

I have official word that no-one is expected in Albion House (Savile St nr The Wicker) till after 11AM on Thursday at the earliest. I can't mention the 2 businesses there for legal reasons, but you know who you are. The main man in the building is doing an inspection on Thursday, and you will be informed thereafter if you are expected to return to work this week. If not come in on monday as usual. This is unless you hear another announcement over radio/tv etc which supercedes this.

The front entrance is a mudbath and the water is out, the main offices escaped most of it. The basement was a swimming pool and there have been over 180,000 litres of water pumped out of the building today (A fireman told me that).

A bit earlier I know, but does anyone have any news about the road going through Renishaw, the one that passes the Golf Course!?

I got stuck on my way to Renishaw yesterday morning for nearly 40 minutes only to be tirned around...

I dont really want to have to do that again!!

Can anyone tell me whether the road from Malin Bridge up to Lower Bradfield is open to traffic. Yesterday there was a note on the Sheffield Corporattion site which said that Loxley Road was closed, then a mate told me it was open and now the Corporation site is telling me it is closed again. Help would be appreciated before 09:30 if that is possible.

Archived