Road closures discussion volume 2... from Tuesday evening

Tony

Oh dear... i hope people may able to recover quickly.

does anyone know if morrison in catcliffe is open?

i work weekends and haven't heard anything from managment. I will give them a call on friday but just wondering if anyone knows the situation as it stands.

best wishes to anyone effected

I went shopping in Morrisons yesterday no problem getting there via Rotherham road from Handsworth very quiet though so you should be ok.

Anyone able t advise on a good route in to sheffield from Barnsley?

I'd usualy go in through Grenoside and Penni road, but I hear south is stll off limits...plus M'way is still scuppered.

Trying to get to the centre.

Hi Kitty,

My parents managed to get to Harrogae yesterday after attempting it on Monday and getting 4 miles in 2 hours. Yesterday they took the A61 Penistone Road out to the M1 at Junction 36. They had to follow diversions along the A61 and it was slow but passable so you should be able to get out this way.

how is the parkway now?

I need to travel to rotherham today so the end of the parkway that joins the motorway or continues past the sub station on towards canklow roundabout....Is that bit open or closed?

As its so close to the sub station I've been wondering if it's blocked off.

Archived