Where in Sheffield is Billy Sharp from?

owl_that

Just wondering where in Sheffield Billy Sharp is from? Strange to think a Blade might be playing for Wednesday!?

He is from Pitsmoor. He lived round the corner from the Hallcar Tavern in a small area of Pitsmoor that is referred to as 'Carwood'.

Ive heard it said before that he is from Dronfield so he might live there now but he is definitely a Pitsmoor boy originally.

He is from Pitsmoor. He lived round the corner from the Hallcar Tavern in a small area of Pitsmoor that is referred to as 'Carwood'.

Ive heard it said before that he is from Dronfield so he might live there now but he is definitely a Pitsmoor boy originally.

We could have been nieghbours and I never knew it haha.

He can't have lived there long to be honest if this is true.

We could have been nieghbours and I never knew it haha.

He can't have lived there long to be honest if this is true.

It's definitely true, im not trying to make out I know something just to be clever or anything. I know for certain he lived where ive said from 11/12-ish up until around 18-ish and ive heard he went to Byron Wood School (primary school in Pitsmoor) so he might have lived in P'moor all or most of his life until 18-ish.

He went to Ecclesfield school so that might be where the Parson Cross/Ecclesfield poster got mixed up.

Ive heard people say he's from Dronfield so he may have lived there from a very young age or more likely he lives there now. If he did live in Dronfield at secondary school age his journey to school would probably have been the longest possible in the Sheffield city boundaries - I know he didn't live there at secondary school age but if I didn't know I would doubt the other poster just because of the journey.

Hopefully somebody who knows him/knew him can back my statements up but it's defo correct even if nobody does.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how to post links but this is the first part of a story in the Burngreave messenger about Billy Sharp:

Story and photo: Brent Moya

Twenty-four months after moving to Scunthorpe, Billy Sharp has sealed his return to Sheffield United. I caught up with the free scoring forward to hear about his future plans and growing up in Burngreave.

Sharp was brought up in Burngreave and attended Byron Wood Primary School and Ecclesfield Comprehensive.

“My happiest memory is playing football on Edgar Street. Alan Shearer was my childhood idol,” reminisced Sharp.

As a youngster he played for Under 8 Middlewood Rovers before attending the Rotherham United School of Excellence, before signing for Sheffield United as a School boy in 2002, progressing through the academy.

If you're bothered or don't believe me type 'Billy Sharp Pitsmoor' into google and this is the third available article.

This article is from the Burngreave messenger and so unsurprisingly says Billy Sharp is from Burngreave. In reality Pitsmoor and Burngreave are the same area - people use either Burngreave or Pitsmoor when describing it. I bet if you asked Billy Sharp where he was from he'd say Pitsmoor - he defo wouldn't say Dronfield:)

Archived