Where in Sheffield is Billy Sharp from?

owl_that

I don't know how to post links but this is the first part of a story in the Burngreave messenger about Billy Sharp:

Story and photo: Brent Moya

Twenty-four months after moving to Scunthorpe, Billy Sharp has sealed his return to Sheffield United. I caught up with the free scoring forward to hear about his future plans and growing up in Burngreave.

Sharp was brought up in Burngreave and attended Byron Wood Primary School and Ecclesfield Comprehensive.

“My happiest memory is playing football on Edgar Street. Alan Shearer was my childhood idol,” reminisced Sharp.

As a youngster he played for Under 8 Middlewood Rovers before attending the Rotherham United School of Excellence, before signing for Sheffield United as a School boy in 2002, progressing through the academy.

If you're bothered or don't believe me type 'Billy Sharp Pitsmoor' into google and this is the third available article.

This article is from the Burngreave messenger and so unsurprisingly says Billy Sharp is from Burngreave. In reality Pitsmoor and Burngreave are the same area - people use either Burngreave or Pitsmoor when describing it. I bet if you asked Billy Sharp where he was from he'd say Pitsmoor - he defo wouldn't say Dronfield:)

Brent Moya is my Son!

Took a great picture of Billy for the interview....

I could tell you a few things about Kyle Naughton, but i won't show the lad up lol.

My cousin might tell u one day, or the Sun if he's becomes more famous lol.

Where is Kyle Naughton from? Altogether i've heard Sharrow, Woodhouse, Manor and Park Hill but only from people who have heard from someone else i.e. nobody actually knew for certain.

I remember when Curtis Woodhouse first broke into United's team and people were saying he's from Pitsmoor or he's from the Manor..............turned out he was from Driffield, ha. At least it was the same county :).

Billy Sharp used to live on Carwood Close I know this because he used to play with my son when he was very young on the field at the side of their house.

I used to live on Carwood Grove with my mother in law untill we bought our house on Ellesmere Rd his father Steve used to play with the Steel Inn, his mum Bev used to work at Byron Wood school with my wife where they both Billy and my son went to school. His grandfather still lives around the Carwood Rd area.

Archived