The Strines Inn @ Bradfield- what's the food like?

GazB

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been going to The Strines regularly (about once a month) for Sunday lunch for about ten years. In summer it gets very busy, but in winter it's just right - busy enough to be interesting, but not so packed you can't get served.

I've never had a bad meal there. The service is good and friendly (obviously slower in the busy summer months, but never more than about twenty minutes, at worst, for your meal. Food is always hot. Vegetables are never overcooked. They even produce a fairly decent Yorkshire pudding, which is not easy under restaurant conditions - it can never be the same as at home, straight out of the oven. Sunday roasts are superb.

The contributor who said "no great shakes" must have gourmet gastronomic standards, and the one who said "it was poo" just has very strange ideas of what constitutes good English home-style cooking.

There are always some interesting ales to sample, along with old favourites like Black Sheep. Prices are a bit higher than your local town pub, but then so is the quality and the location!

It takes me over an hour to get there, which I don't grudge because it's worth it. There are several other really good foody pubs in the area which can be highly recommended ( esp. The Old Mustard Pot mentioned by several contributors) but I keep going back to The Strines for its food, its ale, its comfortable country pub atmosphere and its overall excellent value for money.

No, I have NO connection with The Strines, other than as a regular, very satisfied customer.

• 5 months later...
I'm not sure if anyone knows but i'll ask anyway......

I once went to a largish pub out near the Strines on our way back from MCR (It wasn't the Strines pub though) It served homecooked food and had a sort of largish car park and looked like it was set off the road behind some trees. It was winter but I can remember it like yesterday. The place looked like they may hold wedding receptions there.

Has anyone got an idea of what this pub is called? As it was fab!! Would love to find this place and visit it again! Trawled the net before but never found it :suspect:

I still haven't found out what the above pub/restaurant is? Reallty would like to though!

It isn't The Yorkshire Bridge or Mustard pot or any of those??

Archived