The Strines Inn @ Bradfield- what's the food like?

GazB

I still haven't found out what the above pub/restaurant is? Reallty would like to though!

It isn't The Yorkshire Bridge or Mustard pot or any of those??

Is it the Snake Pass Inn? Not really near Strines but you would pass it on the way from Manchester via Glossop

I was at the Strines for Sunday lunch yesterday, 27.9.09.

As good as ever, friendly service, roast beef or pork plus Yorkshire pud & all the trimmings and a nice pint of Pedigree, £11.50. Friendly clientele to chat with. What's not to like?

The weekday menu looks good as well. I'ld take someone special there any time.

Worth the trip.

PS - Pretty waitresses as well. In hotpants.

:) boutiquechoc,

could it be either the Dog and Partridge (they do wedding receptions) or the Flouch Inn?

The Dog and Partridge is on the right hand side if you're travelling to Sheffield from Manchester on the Woodhead - it's on the last stretch (the downhill bit) just before the Flouch roundabout.

The Flouch Inn would be on your left hand side if travelling the same route - not sure if they do wedding receptions.

:) x

hi, no it isn't the Snake Pass Inn, it is off Woodhead somewhere. Maybe heading around where Holmefirth/Thurgoland and those places are?? :(

Could it be the Stanhope Arms at Dunford Bridge?

It's a left turn off Woodhead (travelling towards Sheffield), heading over to the Holmfirth road. Used to have a great reputation for food, but haven't heard much about it lately.

As you head towards it from Woodhead, it's at the bottom of a hill, set back on the right hand side... can't find a pic unfortunately!

Edited - have now found a very old pic on the front of an old Barnsley CAMRA mag!

http://www.barnsleycamra.org.uk/thebar/1992/august-1992.pdf

The other one I've heard of out that way is the Fox House. That's on the road out of Holmfirth towards the Flouch. Not set back in trees though!

• 11 months later...

Archived