The Strines Inn @ Bradfield- what's the food like?

GazB

been there and bought the t-shirt. had alot better. thats one of the worst meals i've ever had. when i go to a pub for a meal i expect home cooked grub, and decent portions. I can buy everything they serve up at farmfoods.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I took a friend there today having had good memories of the food there in the past. As always the views are stunning but I was really sad when I found that the food seemed to have gone down hill, the chips were really greasy and the veggie burger and cheese burger weren't that much better. (I can't obviously speak for the other dishes on the menu.)

The pub seemed very quiet for a sunny Saturday lunch which is such a shame and all it needs to do is sort out the dishes and spruce up the pub and little and you would have a lovely gem of a place. Its such an amazing location and great ales, and with a few changes it would be a great place to eat and have a pint on a warm summers day.

I think we should support places like this and keep sweet little independent pubs open so we need to let them know and hopefully they can do something about it !!!!

has anyone actually complained to the managers of the strines about their poor food? Silly as it sounds, perhaps they don't know that it's dreadful?!

it's such a lovely spot, but i never bother driving out there cos the food is so depressing.

place needs a bit of loving care and attention methinks.

• 1 month later...

I can only agree with most of you about the poor quality of the food served up at the Strines, We called for tea the other night and wished we'd just gone to the chippy instead. My wife had pie of the day which was obviously left over from lunchtime, and then reheated to make the crust like thick cardboard, and chewy beef, plus a couple of aunt bessie roast tates and half cooked veg. Mine was chicken breast in stilton, just microwaved really with a few chips and salad. At about £9 apiece, we was robbed. I know we should have said something but I doubt that the lads running the place really give a monkeys, so you just don't go back. Oh well.

I'm not sure if anyone knows but i'll ask anyway......

I once went to a largish pub out near the Strines on our way back from MCR (It wasn't the Strines pub though) It served homecooked food and had a sort of largish car park and looked like it was set off the road behind some trees. It was winter but I can remember it like yesterday. The place looked like they may hold wedding receptions there.

Has anyone got an idea of what this pub is called? As it was fab!! Would love to find this place and visit it again! Trawled the net before but never found it :suspect:

There used to be a pub called The Norfolk Arms, on A57 near Rivelin Dams, but that was quite a while back. Private house now I think.

Archived