Anyone remember Pickerings Tripe shop on Attercliffe?

Does anyone remember L. Pickerings Tripe shop on Attercliffe Road? My Great Grandad (Leonard) used to own it and I would love to hear of any memories or see any pictures anyone has of it. It was located at the side of the 'Travellers' pub. George Cunningham also painted it in his 'Attercliffe' painting. My Great Grandad also had a tripe shop of the same name on Abbeydale Road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

yep my nan does he was her grandad making him my great great grand dad,her mother worked in the shop up until she was married(i think) its a shame its all gone.all that hard work for all them years.i have been looking for photos of the shops but have not found any yet.:)

yep my nan does he was her grandad making him my great great grand dad,her mother worked in the shop up until she was married(i think) its a shame its all gone.all that hard work for all them years.i have been looking for photos of the shops but have not found any yet.:)

Leonard was my great grandad - that makes us related then, somehow. He was my dads grandad. Leonard had 3 daughters, Sylvia, Mary and Florence. Florence was my Nan. I know Mary worked in the shop (and eventually took it over when Leonard died) but I don't think Mary had a daughter just a son, so are you a descendant of Sylvia then? Your Nan would be my Dads cousin I reckon. What's her first name?

Yes I am Gordons daughter - I am still living in the house my nan (florence) and grandad used to own before they died.

I spoke to my dad yesterday and he did say that your nan must be Doreen. How is she? My dad celebrates his 70th birthday this year!

Yes she's fine, still going strong. She looked after her mom (Sylvia) for many years as she had dementia. Then i went to live with her when i was 14 and did not leave until i was 24. She's on her own now but she's always on the go. She said that she had seen Gordon a few years ago and sends her love.

Archived