Pubs in/near Meersbrook

boyface

Characters, excellent, always makes for a good time

I went in the Cross Scythes last night……done the music quiz, and it was pretty sound, made to feel very welcome, hurrah!

Hardly had any money tho', and their cash point was knackered, but still, a nice boozer.

The red lion is well rough, some guy tried to start on my boyfriend in there just cause he was watching the tv screen in this guys direction. Also there is a crowd of people who stand in the same place at the bar all the time and glare at you if you stand too near. the white lion is good though especially the little room in the middle.

well....ive been in most of them now. I have to conclude that the white lion and the sheaf are by far the best.

The red was ok for watching the footy results come in with a cheap pint on a sat afternoon, but I wouldnt fancy my chances there on a friday night!

So big up to the white lion and the Sheaf.....anyone fancy a pint anytime, gimme a shout.

Cheers, Kev

Originally posted by tinajones

So can anyone reccommend good pub food along the Chezzie Road area?

There's none, really. The Red Lion does do food but it's not particularly great, and the atmosphere certainly isn't. Having said that, I have put away the odd 'Fat Bob' Burger in there, usually hung over on a Sunday.

Apart from that, there's nothing. The takeaways and restaurants along there are all generally okay though (Milans pizza place, Shaan's indian takeaway and La Stanza Romana italian restaurant are all blimmin good actually!)

For decent pub food you're looking at Woodseats I'd say or maybe nether edge. Actually, thinking about it, I'd say decent (i.e. not prepackaged and microwaved to order) pub food is seriously on the decline :(

Archived