Todwick Grange childrens home

Hi Bonnie.

I worked at Todwick from 1972 - 1980. Married to Keith who also worked there and ran an Art group. He worked with John Cunnington on 1st Floor. I spent a few years on Top Floor and was on duty when the roof set on fire (during the fireman's strike when the Green Goddesses came out). Worked then on the Wing with Paul (Smith?) & Liz. You shared a bedroom with Beverley at that point?

Keith & I lived in one of the houses behind Ken's then shared the Lodge with another couple. I had a very large shed on the old tennis court where I kept the goats.

And you had a sister Rose?

I'm sure we will both know a lot of others. We get a Xmas card every year from Lyn Barlow and I used to hear from Joyce and Ken's wife Llinos at Xmas. But we lost touch with everybody else as we moved away and lived on our narrowboats for 8 yrs from '82 then settled in Staffs.

But you were never forgotten:)

i remember you very well you ran the tuck shop :)

Hello

I am looking for people who were in Todwick Grange from 1970-1979 when I was there. I remember Mr Hillman and Mr Tankard! I also know a lot of the other staffs names, for example the Head one was Joyce Parratt. I also remember Harry Bower.

My real name is Benita but some people may remember me as Bonnie. I am genuinely looking for my past Todwick friends and staff as I have lost contact since I left there and have been searching for 5 years.

Please send me a message if you remember me or know where I can get in contact with anybody else.

Thank you

Benita/Bonnie

i remember mr tankard he used to let us play records and always brought new albums into to play... and of course who could forget mr hilman for some reason we all called him crank:D

• 1 month later...

Bonnie, did you attend st.joseph's school dinnington? My name is Mary Kemp. PS. using my husband's signing in account. I remember a Bonnie from there who i was friends with. I also remember others from the grange who attended st. joseph's.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bonnie its Kathryn Wilson (aka Kermit). I remember you. You were a big Bay City Roller fan. I used to play with the Turton triplets. I was on top floor until burnt down then moved to unit 2, moved to cloud nine, Christine ball worked there and Linda Blunt. I left in 1982. Best time of my life was in Todwick. I have many fond memories, including the outside swiming pool in the front garden! Be nice to hear from u and swap stories. Love Kathryn x

Hi Kath.

Hey I remember you! Yes that swimming pool was great in the hot summers of the mid-'70's wasn't it? Did you climb Snowdon with us? If so I've got some pics I can send you. And are you on Facebook? A few people are back in touch now if you'd like to join in.

C.x

Hi Bonnie its Kathryn Wilson (aka Kermit). I remember you. You were a big Bay City Roller fan. I used to play with the Turton triplets. I was on top floor until burnt down then moved to unit 2, moved to cloud nine, Christine ball worked there and Linda Blunt. I left in 1982. Best time of my life was in Todwick. I have many fond memories, including the outside swiming pool in the front garden! Be nice to hear from u and swap stories. Love Kathryn x

Hi Kathryn.

Bonnie tried to send you a post but it wouldn't go through. I had trouble as well yesterday but it seems to be working ok today. If you want to email me privately I'll send you Bonnie's email.

Christine.x