Asked for ID by Bouncers at Cavendish

Jennie80

I feel bouncers are loosing touch on who looks under age, on Friday night we went to Walkabout and this woman couldnt get in, she looked in her early 30`s and she was gobsmacked she got ID`d, we were all in shock as well as she clearly didnt look under age, and of course she had no ID as she didnt need it.

We also couldnt get in either as one of the lads had a England shirt on.

What is this world coming to, you cannot have a drink these days.

this i carnt belive a england shirt on you should be able to go to the pub in your own country whearing your coulours

if it was a ????????? shirt im sure they would let you in as they wouldent want to be een to be rasist

Ha ha, I might put my picture on and you can judge for yourselves if I look 27...besides I'd been on a bender the night before so in all honesty I actually looked about 58 on Saturday night :hihi:

i can say that jennie looks of age.i would of said about 25 but def over 21:hihi::hihi:

this i carnt belive a england shirt on you should be able to go to the pub in your own country whearing your coulours

if it was a ????????? shirt im sure they would let you in as they wouldent want to be een to be rasist

its got nothing to do with the shirt. its the fact that its a football shirt. alot of bars dont allow them as it attracts the *ahem* football fans.....

Why do people always throw racism into things?:rolleyes:

its got nothing to do with the shirt. its the fact that its a football shirt. alot of bars dont allow them as it attracts the *ahem* football fans.....

Which I find hilarious. It shows even more how "out of touch" they are.

It's not the footie fans in replica shirts who will give pubs bother. Everyone knows that.

Which I find hilarious. It shows even more how "out of touch" they are.

It's not the footie fans in replica shirts who will give pubs bother. Everyone knows that.

why?

its a fact. football brings violence... plain and simple. Granted it wont be everytime but it does. So why run the risk? I know I wouldnt...

why?

its a fact. football brings violence... plain and simple. Granted it wont be everytime but it does. So why run the risk? I know I wouldnt...

I agree, with football, there comes a certain element of violence.

But banning people wearing replica shirts is just stupid.

The people into footy violence wouldn't be seen dead in a replica shirt. And most people know the labels they are likely to be wearing and to be honest, you can spot them a mile off.

So to say "football brings violence" is a fact as you claim. But the policies on the doors of pubs ensure those unlikely to be involved in trouble are turned away, and those who are into that scene are allowed in with no problem.

It's not rocket science. Well, you wouldn’t think so anyway.

I agree, with football, there comes a certain element of violence.

But banning people wearing replica shirts is just stupid.

The people into footy violence wouldn't be seen dead in a replica shirt. And most people know the labels they are likely to be wearing and to be honest, you can spot them a mile off.

So to say "football brings violence" is a fact as you claim. But the policies on the doors of pubs ensure those unlikely to be involved in trouble are turned away, and those who are into that scene are allowed in with no problem.

It's not rocket science. Well, you wouldn’t think so anyway.

No way football brings violence, most supporters are peaceful. Its a sport like any other sport.

If the police stopped using entrapment methods this would not happen so much.do you understand ie a police officer in plain clothes goes into a pub and stands at the bar, a short while later a attractive lady walks in a short while later and attempts to buy a drink,she is dressed to look well over the legal age.when the bartender fails to ask for ID the copper jumps in a gives a fixed penalty ticket for £80.

Five of these fixed penalties and it leads to loss of licence so is it any wonder they ask everybody for ID.

The police don't use "entrapment methods". They undertake test purchases, usually by a sixteen year old. If asked their age, the test purchaser tells them. Usually, they are refused service. However, I am aware of at least one licensed pub that served alcohol to a test purchaser who told the barstaff he was sixteen! Crazy!

ricky36 is correct in stating that a fixed penalty fine of £80 is issued for a failed test purchase. However, if there are three (not five as ricky36 stated) failed test purchases, the police will usually seek a review of the license. This may not necessarily lead to a loss of license, as each review is judged individually.

I am a member of the city council's Licensing Board. In posting on this thread, I make no comment or observation about any individual licensed premise under discussion.

Yes but do you realise that if you happen to get caught selling

alcohol/lottery tickets/ cigs to someone under age thats its the

shop assistant NOT just the shop that gets fined?- so yeah call

them jobsworth but its better than losing your job for the sake

of someone who can't be arsed to carry any I.D:rolleyes:

Thing is though, OK I prolly don't look 31 but anyone who looks at me and reckons I'm under 16 needs to make an urgent appointment with a very good Optician IMO.

Archived