Asked for ID by Bouncers at Cavendish

Jennie80

Depends how hacked off you'll be if they ID you and you haven't got any.

Trouble is, the only thing I carry regularly that has my photo on it would be either my bus pass or my NUS card, and I don't think either have got my date of birth on them.

*Sigh*

This is going to cause me problems, I don't drive so I don't have a photo driving license, I'm too prone to losing stuff so I can't carry my passport round with me and I don't have a Portman pass.

I'll talk to work tomorrow and see if it's worth bothering.

*Sigh*

This is going to cause me problems, I don't drive so I don't have a photo driving license, I'm too prone to losing stuff so I can't carry my passport round with me and I don't have a Portman pass.

I'll talk to work tomorrow and see if it's worth bothering.

Why don't you give Varsity a ring and see what they say??

I'm going on a work social gathering to Varsity on West Street tomorrow night, given that I'm 5'3" at 31 does anyone reckon I'll get ID'd? I've only ever been ID'd twice in my life before, first time was at some bar in Cleethorpes in March 1995 (I was nearly 19) and the second time was at the Park Hotel at Middlewood about 1998 (I was 22, but the Landlady was a numpty!) so I might be OK but should I take ID just in case?

grow the biggest bushiest beard before tommorow night then :)

errrrrrrrrrrrrrm

*gets coat*

grow the biggest bushiest beard before tommorow night then :)

errrrrrrrrrrrrrm

*gets coat*

PMSL!! :hihi:

Even I can't grow a beard that quick! Although I do shave almost every day nearly.

If you want to get in places that choose to ID you, then you should take your ID.

And, yep, probably too old for the Cavendish alco-pop crowd :D. But hey, if that's where you want to go, that's cool. I just don't see the attraction in the place, but perhaps I'm the wrong demographic.

Yes but my point is that I shouldn't have to prove my age when I'm clearly over the limit. And like I said, we were just trying to get out of the rain...

Apparently in Co-op you have to look over 30 or they will ID you!!! It's getting silly!

Yes but my point is that I shouldn't have to prove my age when I'm clearly over the limit. And like I said, we were just trying to get out of the rain...

Apparently in Co-op you have to look over 30 or they will ID you!!! It's getting silly!

Yeah, I got ID'd for buying a ruddy Lottery ticket last year in the Stannington Village Co Op! I wouldn't mind but I've been buying Lottery tickets for years with no problems! And some jobsworth decides to question me?! What the heck?!

As for the West St thing, normally I wouldn't go drinking in Town apart from the occassional Dev Cat meet, but it's a work thing so I couldn't really say no.

Yes but my point is that I shouldn't have to prove my age when I'm clearly over the limit.

But clearly you're not, or they wouldn't have asked.

Yep, that's there policy to protect them from selling to underages and the criminal penalties that go with it. Also means they get to keep their licence and hence their business.

Archived