Asked for ID by Bouncers at Cavendish

Jennie80

A few facts about test purchasing by police.

1. All test purchasers are 16 or under.

2. All test purchases will say their correct age if asked.

3. No door supervisors sell alcohol. Therefore no door supervisor has ever been given a ticket.

Entrapment? - 16 year old asks for a beer - 16 year old gets a beer (or not) Where's the entrapment?

So if you are a door supervisor, or a bar tender, ask everyone who looks remotely under 30 for i.d. That way you keep your job and your chance of a ticket is zero.

Its not rocket science!

But couldn't common sense be construed as making sure they don't break the law and get a fine?

Suppose so. Don't mind being IDd it's just the way they did it that I thought was rude and un-called for. But hey ho, they did me a favour cuz went somewhere better!

I don't understand why retrieving a piece of ID out of a wallet/bag is so offensive or difficult. I understand if the person asking for it is being rude then you're right to be annoyed!

As to the poster who got barred because he only had a NUS card, the bouncers/bar staff had every right to refuse service to you. I had a FAKE NUS card when i just turned 16 years old. I also didn't rely on my SHU card as they are a lot easier to fake than a passport or driver license.

A few facts about test purchasing by police.

1. All test purchasers are 16 or under.

2. All test purchases will say their correct age if asked.

3. No door supervisors sell alcohol. Therefore no door supervisor has ever been given a ticket.

Entrapment? - 16 year old asks for a beer - 16 year old gets a beer (or not) Where's the entrapment?

So if you are a door supervisor, or a bar tender, ask everyone who looks remotely under 30 for i.d. That way you keep your job and your chance of a ticket is zero.

Its not rocket science!

all test purchases are made by someone under the age of eighteen.

but deliberatley using make up and clo thes to look over eighteen in my view is entrapment two test cases are due to go to court to test this out in the next month or so so we will get a definitive answer then.

I don't understand why retrieving a piece of ID out of a wallet/bag is so offensive or difficult. I understand if the person asking for it is being rude then you're right to be annoyed!

As to the poster who got barred because he only had a NUS card, the bouncers/bar staff had every right to refuse service to you. I had a FAKE NUS card when i just turned 16 years old. I also didn't rely on my SHU card as they are a lot easier to fake than a passport or driver license.

It's difficult to retrieve if I've left it at home 9 years earlier....

Hi ricky -

Each test purchaser has their photograph taken in the clothes they will wear before the nights tests.

If you are determined to allege a conspiracy you can always say that they then get changed and put on makeup !?!

• 2 weeks later...

I have no time for the cavendish bouncers

I am a mystery shopper and have to go there a few times a year which will be the only time i do go in due to the unproffesionalism of the so called 'doormen'.

I once went down about 6ish with 2 of my friends and got turned away because we were in a group. I found this odd when i looked in to see tables with more than 4 seats at each table.

Also I went down one hot day with 3 quater lenght shorts, t shirt and birkinstocks on. A lady walked in front of me before getting to the door with practically the same type of clothes, 3 quater lenght jeans, top and some sandals. She walks in with no problem and i was told my attire was not to there code. Couldnt believe it.

SO i now just go to varsity across the road, much better drinks, as in not watered down shandy, and less hassle from the bouncers.

:D

The Cavendish is renowned for this, the doorstaff are bullying borderline retards with chips on their shoulders, apart from the fat ginger one who has eaten his.

They have the social skills of baboons who take sadistic pleasure out of doing what has been outlined above.

I would like to add not all bouncers are like this, most do a very difficult job professionally.

The Cavendish doorstaff are rank amateurs who appear to pick on the very people who DO NOT cause trouble as they are an easy target. This very fact leads me beleive if they did their job correctly and stopped the real trouble makers they would end up in blood and snot on the deck.

Tossers. :rant::rant::rant:

Phew thats better. :D

Excuse me, my cousin bounces at the Cavendish, hes the short asian guy. Im pretty sure hes not a bully, in fact hes probably the most chilled out guy you would ever meet. RE: ending in blood and snot on the deck, my cousin has a reputation on high street at being an expert "thief catcher" thats right he also works at Blacks outdoor store and now gets discounts all over the place for his skills :D

Im pretty sure he (a) can handle himself (b) is not one of the egotistical bullies you speak of. :D

Archived