Horse Riding Companions

xsarx

Hi any details on the riding centre in Wortley. I havent' ridden for over 20 years and will be very rusty. Do the take inexperienced riders. Also not sure where the Grenoside centre is. Any body know about a riding school in Rivelin.

Very keen to get started.

Hi,

Theres Barnes Green in Grenoside but their horse are not the most energentic... we found it quite hard going with them not having a very well drained school as well.

Mallard House in Wortley are good, they do small groups and private lessons and they have a good sized school and many different types of ride from big to small...

Hi there,

I would really like to go for a ride just for a weekend, just a couple of hours...unfortunately my yard doesn't offer hacking out :( any suggestions where to go? I would really like to go into the peak district, there are lovely offers like Haddon House Stables or Northfieldfarm, but I don't drive and it is nearly 3 hours by Bus :( So, if anybody would like to join, that would be great!

cheers,

Steph

• 6 months later...

Hi,

That trekking centre looks great in Cumbria, might have to give that a go sometime!

Im still having lessons sometimes at Mallard House - did some jumping the other night on Sophie and she was very good if a little scared at first! Brodie and Magic were very good for my friends too, thinking that might be the last jumping session now it is getting so dark in the evenings :(

Hope everyone else is ok, I still ride over in catcliffe in rotherham sometimes - anyone else on the forum ride over that way/whiston/howarth lodge brinsworth way?

Still looking for a loan to share with a friend if anyone wants a sharer/loaner.

• 1 month later...

oh and the best place in england for a trip with your horse is northumbria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously beautiful and beachs most horses love beaches they do decent priced holidays there if your a horse owner or not !!! i saw them when i was up there asked about it deffo something i plan to do !!!

. i raelly should just port one reply next time hehe !!!! have fun horsey folk !!

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to say Im still looking for evening/weekend work with horses if anyone has one to loan or work for rides etc...?

Just posted this on http://www.stabletalk.co.uk/

SHEFFIELD HORSE WORK/RIDING Posted : 2007-04-17

SHEFFIELD, ROTHERHAM, NORTH/EAST DERBYSHIRE

I WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR HORSE / AT YOUR YARD/ RIDING SCHOOL EVENING/WEEKEND WORK/ LOAN/ SCHOOLING HAVE 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE RIDING AND PREVIOUS WORK FOR TEAMS AND RIDING SCHOOLS / HAVE TAUGHT AT BASIC LEVEL TO CHILDREN AND ADULTS WOULD BE WILLING TO DO ANY TASKS TO GET ME OUT OF THE HOUSE AND AROUND HORSES AND HORSEY PEOPLE! I WORK FULL TIME - WOULDNT HAVE TIME TO COMMIT TO BUYING/LOANING FULL-TIME HENCE... EMAIL ME: S.H.BALL@SHU.AC.UK