Horse Riding Companions

xsarx

Hiya! Great stuff, glad you liked it, I liked it riding there but when I've rung up they say they are full at the moment?

I used to ride bluey there and bertie and they bought a bay called william too while i was there, not sure if they still have him? we did quite a few jumping courses in the school which I used to enjoy but bluey needed a lot of getting after.

Mallard are good for me at the moment, its cheap enough and I like the horses. But that hack sounds a little scary, they shouldnt take people out on the ponies if they are too spooky, its not fair. That really used to scare me when I was younger riding when ponies start playing up, theres nothing you can do and they just get worse the more scared you get.

How much riding have you done before? Have you been to many riding schools in the sheffield area?

Ive been to bout 4 riding schools. One in Rotherham, that was awfull. They overworked the horses and u never learnt anything.

The 2nd was in Sheffield but I cant remeber wot that was called. The ponies were a bit wappy there too.

The 3rd was Mallards who were gr8, untill the ponies strated bein naughty. Tyler's the worst. He's horrible :) lol

Barnes Green is good, n gr8 4 my confidence. I can't believe how well schooled they r. Berties still there. Dont kno bout the others. Zoe, my ridin instructor (the 1 who used to teach @ Mallards) is actually buyin Bertie. I kno wot u mean, they r gettin really full. U shud keep tryin <:¬O keep ringin! theyre brill, lol.

Tlk 2 u soon, by!

Can recommend Zoe, she taught me after a 25 year break, great confidence builder and she's a good laugh too.

The horses are good too, and they cater for beginners to very experienced riders. And you can hack out, especially in the summer when the days are long. Most classes have a hack periodically and school lessons as the norm.

They have lots of other instructors too, so if you don't get on with any one of them, you can just try another. All have different styles and attitudes but they're all good.

Hope you enjoy it anyway.

Which riding school did you go to in rotherham?

Parklands in fairly good at aston, they ahve a huge indoor arena, but I havent really ever ridden there regularly.

Roickingham House in Rawmarsh is pretty bad, we galloped up a hill once and I fell off, had not control over the horses cos they were so used to doing the same rides and the same things, and the indoor school was only a 20 metre circle!

It was Rockingham House Farm. Its awful isnt it? One of the horses that they used there had ragwort poisoning, but they still overworked him all the time.

I had fun on Sunday at Barnes Green. I was on Coco again. I had lost of Canters and we had fun again :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I always found them a little bad at training their horses. I went for a hack when I was a college there and the horse I was on just wasnt listening to me when we went for a gallop. It was like he'd done that route so many times he knew that we were just going to gallop so he just took me.

I also remember one of the teachers there saying a pony was behaving badly on a hack once and so instead of helping the girl riding him to try and control him, they sent her back to the yard and the pony got to go back in his stable! How is he going to learn to behave with training like that!?

I wish there were more riding schools out there who cared about the horses training and welfare, and teaching good riding skills than making money and saving time - so many horses get ruined through riding schools not caring to teach them whats right.

Anyone been to Parklands recently @ Aston - I used to ride there but have not heard anything about the place since.

My friend Sarah is the Yard Manager at Parklands and she runs a tight ship there. The place is pretty high class and still pricey for livery etc. but really good.

Sarah's own horses are called Poppy and Lindsey and she also has a little highland as a pet but I've forgotten her name.

I've ridden poppy and jumped her cross country - lovely horse. Sarah won some competitions on her recently.

If you ever go, say hello to Sarah - she's really nice.