People in History who interest you

Edit: just noticed the thread title again and it said 'people in history'. Does a city count? I love it like a person, will that do?

That'll be all the people who made this city what it is today (except the bad bits) and built it from the forested hillsides over the past 1500 years.:thumbsup:

I would look a little closer to home and say anyone of my ancestors. I would love to know how they lived and what they would think of the family now. As I type this I'm working on my family tree and looking through the births, marriages and deaths. This stuff really fascinates me!!

i say the same as well i would love to know who my ancestor where and what they did and try to find out if the scandal was true or at least the right version.

i am looking into my family tree, you would be surprised at the things you can find out. trying to imagine a picture in your head of what probably went off, finding ancestors that had money and some in the workhouse and other things

i have got back to 1600s for some of my ancestors but its hard to varify if your are on the right tracks at times.

That'll be all the people who made this city what it is today (except the bad bits) and built it from the forested hillsides over the past 1500 years.:thumbsup:

A fellow fan, it seems! :clap:

I must just say in relation to The Mitfords: I don't want people thinking I agree with them, admire or even like them :o it's just their megawatt eccentric over-achieving bonkersness that's so compelling!

Too many to name them all, though I agree about Alfred the Great (though he has only been called the Great from some time in the 17th century on). My own speciality when teaching was the Middle Ages, and the 12th century (with people like John of Salisbury, Henry II and Thomas Becket), and the 14th (with both Edward III and Richard II, Chaucer, Gower, and Langland) are the ones that interest me. But my more serious interest is in the late antique period, 5th/6th centuries, especially the Ostrogothic King Theoderic the Great and his times, the Emperor Justinian (and his much-maligned wife, Theodora) and the Roman philosopher Boethius, on whose work I have published some articles.

Too many to name them all, though I agree about Alfred the Great (though he has only been called the Great from some time in the 17th century on). My own speciality when teaching was the Middle Ages, and the 12th century (with people like John of Salisbury, Henry II and Thomas Becket), and the 14th (with both Edward III and Richard II, Chaucer, Gower, and Langland) are the ones that interest me. But my more serious interest is in the late antique period, 5th/6th centuries, especially the Ostrogothic King Theoderic the Great and his times, the Emperor Justinian (and his much-maligned wife, Theodora) and the Roman philosopher Boethius, on whose work I have published some articles.

Now what about Anthony ? :huh:

Archived