People in History who interest you

My favourite heroine has to be Queen Eleanor of Acquitaine, married to Henry II of England, producing Richard I, and King John (not so renowned for the good), imprisoned at one time by her husband, but before then a tremendous asset to him.

She was played in a film by the redoubtable actress Katharine Hepburn, who received an oscar for her performance - King Henry was played by Peter O'Toole

The Egyptian Queen Nefertiti was the true beauty - absolutely flawless, going by the beautiful bust of her that was found

StarSparkle

If the bust was made in her lifetime it would have had to be flawless.

Women can be hard to please....but of course you know that ;)

Yes I can, and most interesting it would be, because both Alfred and Chaucer translated Boethius' best known work, the Consolation of Philosophy!

:bigsmile:

A truly wonderful work, it should be compulsory reading for all.:)

My favourite heroine has to be Queen Eleanor of Acquitaine, married to Henry II of England, producing Richard I, and King John (not so renowned for the good), imprisoned at one time by her husband, but before then a tremendous asset to him.

She was played in a film by the redoubtable actress Katharine Hepburn, who received an oscar for her performance - King Henry was played by Peter O'Toole

A fabulous woman, really a complete one-off.

The richest heiress in Europe, Queen of France then Queen of England, mother of Richard Coeur de Lion, King John and others. A woman who went on one of the crusades with her husband the French king. Who helped her younger husband Henry II hold on to the English crown. Who had her last child in her 40s, and who lived into her 80s.

Absolutely INCREDIBLE for the times she lived in. An admirable woman indeed.

StarSparkle

The Lion in Winter - brilliant. With an appearance by a somewhat porky Anthony Hopkins as Richard I.

Dozy

Archived