Old radio prog Sing Something simple

Sorry I have duplicated this on Entertainment and here but there are a lot of old radio racks on here to.

Sing Something Simple was a successfull radio show from 1959 to 2000 and I brought the format back to radio last summer for a ten week run on Sheffield Live.

It is to return this summer but meanwhile I have done a podcast of the show I put together last summer for its return.

Its name has been changed due to copyrights but the format is the same.

Cliff Adams supply the vocals along with Jack Emblow on the accordian.

Listen to the 30 minute show and I promise you will finish up singing a long.

Note the old fashioned microphone outro at the end.

http://www.canstream.co.uk/sheffieldlive

Paul

Sing Something Simple was a successfull radio show from 1959 to 2000 and I brought the format back to radio last summer for a ten week run on Sheffield Live.

Sundays were never quite the same without Cliff and the singers were they? It was a slice of nostalgia back in the 60s, so heaven knows what it will sound like now, but I'm looking forward to having a listen all the same.

I can't help but think it will add a new dimension to my iPod

Do they cover any Arctic Monkeys songs?

Sundays were never quite the same without Cliff and the singers were they? It was a slice of nostalgia back in the 60s, so heaven knows what it will sound like now, but I'm looking forward to having a listen all the same.

I can't help but think it will add a new dimension to my iPod

Do they cover any Arctic Monkeys songs?

:hihi:If Cliff Adams was still around he would have certainly covered them, he covered The Beatles, Queen and many more.

However, the podcast I have done is the easiest of easy listening and if you look on catagories on the right side, click on my name and that will bring it to you in a flash.

You can download it as an mp3 to.

I guess if Tom Jones can do it anybody can.

When I heard the opening bars to the "Sing Something Simple" theme tune, with it's lovely melodic accordian accompaniment, I was transported back to a caravan at Brid in '68, where we sat listening to it while it poured with rain outside. My dad, who thought he was Bing Crosby (he wasn't!) sang along to each tune, making up the words as he went along, if he didn't know them.

Aaah, them were the days..

I guess if Tom Jones can do it anybody can.

When I heard the opening bars to the "Sing Something Simple" theme tune, with it's lovely melodic accordian accompaniment, I was transported back to a caravan at Brid in '68, where we sat listening to it while it poured with rain outside. My dad, who thought he was Bing Crosby (he wasn't!) sang along to each tune, making up the words as he went along, if he didn't know them.

Aaah, them were the days..

Bush, thats why I have brought it back, it supposed to take you back to the dreary Sunday evenings where you were dreading school next day or the first day back to work.

If this does not take you back to the 60s then its not doing its job.

• 1 year later...

Archived