Old radio prog Sing Something simple

Hi Bushbaby, glad you like it, nice tune to rise to in the morning.

The last broadcast of this was Christmas last year as a one off, but it will be broadcast again on Friday Augast 22 at 16.00..Again as a one off.

If you cant catch it live then drop in on the podcast, the formats the same.

Paul.

I think it had that effect on all of us.

I was at school next day, Monday morning and you seemed to start the monday morning blues right then, 7pm on Sunday night.

The programme i'm doing on Aug 22 is a Friday, yippee, get ready for the weekend........We'll sing something simple, for you......:D

It's funny isn't it? Whenever I think of Sing Something Simple... or That's Life, I get a gut-wrenching feeling in my stomach - triggering those memories of school the next day. Amazing how the feeling is re-created even now... and the fact that so many other users feel the same! LOL!!!

It's funny isn't it? Whenever I think of Sing Something Simple... or That's Life, I get a gut-wrenching feeling in my stomach - triggering those memories of school the next day. Amazing how the feeling is re-created even now... and the fact that so many other users feel the same! LOL!!!

Both for teachers and pupils!

I think it had that effect on all of us.

I was at school next day, Monday morning and you seemed to start the monday morning blues right then, 7pm on Sunday night.

The programme i'm doing on Aug 22 is a Friday, yippee, get ready for the weekend........We'll sing something simple, for you......:D

It will be fascinating to hear it on a Friday, I wonder if it will give me Saturday morning blues ?

I have to smile when I remember an announcement on a Radio 4 "Week Ending" program about 20 years ago. It went something like this:

“We were hoping to bring you the Seventh colatura aria and cadenza in C sharp minor from the third act of Heinrich Von Krumpelstein's opera Oh - wo is mein geliebtes but unfortunately there isn't time. Instead it will be included in the next "Sing Something Simple" program…” ;)

Archived