National service

Hi yes i did spend 80% of my time in the gut but I'd like to make it clear although my self & my mates had two or four months pay in our pockets never did i hear of anyone getting any further than buying these very NICE girls a few glass of water In fact I had a great time just talking to these girls, only just in the last 10yrs I found out that Malta is Muslim and that says it all, these were the only girls we spoke to in 3 yrs getting back to U.K it took well over a yr before i could even talk to a girl

On flying to Egypt, back in the National Service days, we landed at Malta Airport (presumably to refuel the York Aircraft which was a passenger derivative of the Lancaster Bomber.) We got to walk around the small Airport, does anybody else remember passing through there around that time and seeing the Parrot that was perched on a stand in the main lobby area?(this is not a joke.) It was a large bird, while not caged, i'm sure it was tethered in some way. Why I mention it, is, because it was somewhat famous (and old, I think) and it seemed to be common knowledge with a lot of people around that era. (The aircraft description is for all the airplane afficionadoes out there.)

I went to the local tattoo shop in Fayed with a pal of mine, we were both going to get a tattoo. My pal went first and had a bulldog on a Union Jack on his forearm. When it was finished it looked more like a black faced sheep on a pegged rug, so I didn't bother.

Hi yes i did spend 80% of my time in the gut but I'd like to make it clear although my self & my mates had two or four months pay in our pockets never did i hear of anyone getting any further than buying these very NICE girls a few glass of water In fact I had a great time just talking to these girls, only just in the last 10yrs I found out that Malta is Muslim and that says it all, these were the only girls we spoke to in 3 yrs getting back to U.K it took well over a yr before i could even talk to a girl

It was strictly catholic when I was there.