National service

I've wanted to get these pictures of some Sheffield and area lads on this thread for a long time, my wife is helping me to do this even as I speak, we are using the only system that we know through photobucket, they say it's easy and i'm sure it will be when I get use to it. If this works I will list names as I remember them, later.

4-5-200951517PM.jpg

4-5-200951336PM.jpg

I've wanted to get these pictures of some Sheffield and area lads on this thread for a long time, my wife is helping me to do this even as I speak, we are using the only system that we know through photobucket, they say it's easy and i'm sure it will be when I get use to it. If this works I will list names as I remember them, later.

4-5-200951517PM.jpg

4-5-200951336PM.jpg

Hmm let me guess North Africa

4-5-200951517PM.jpg

4-5-200951336PM.jpg

Must be Aliens..not a beer belly amongst them :o

Don't recognise any of those guys myself fleetwood, but I'm impressed by your persistence in getting your photos on here. You'll have to explain how you did it.

But speaking about NS generally again. Remember when we first went into basic and the section sergeant in the calm,reasonable manner that they used, told us that no matter if you'd never,ever, shaved, you'd better damn well start. Well,did anybody have one of those 'Schik' razors?

To flyer, poppins & Texas - North Africa would be correct I suppose (Egypt). I wonder if the beer bellies came later. When I first went in the Army, every morning you would here click-click-click-click, some guys had these Rolls Razors (I think thats what they called them) I had,nt seen anything like them before (Texas is the Shick you are talking about one of the same)? They worked on a gear and ratchet device to strop the blade sharp and thats the sound you heard.

Re my earlier posts - We Were - 3rd Infantary Divisional Signal Regiment. Stationed at Mackworth Camp (I think). Moascar was the nearest Garrison Town and i'm thinking it was part of our address. My demob number was 51/23 the photos were taken in late '53, I got out in December of the same year. Looking back, I always thought that the vehicles and generators and the like we used, must have been of WW2 vintage, as they were in poor shape and always breaking down. It was only in the latter months of my time there, did newer stuff start to arrive, I might be mistaken but one of the pictures shows a land rover, which by then had replaced some old American jeeps.

Re my earlier posts - We Were - 3rd Infantary Divisional Signal Regiment. Stationed at Mackworth Camp (I think). Moascar was the nearest Garrison Town and i'm thinking it was part of our address. My demob number was 51/23 the photos were taken in late '53, I got out in December of the same year. Looking back, I always thought that the vehicles and generators and the like we used, must have been of WW2 vintage, as they were in poor shape and always breaking down. It was only in the latter months of my time there, did newer stuff start to arrive, I might be mistaken but one of the pictures shows a land rover, which by then had replaced some old American jeeps.
In the early 60s the army were dumping their Austin Champs on the Terretorial units, the Champs were giving way to Landrovers.