National service

Fleetwood, Which Signals regiments were you in and when. I was at 4 Div. Signals Herford ( 1958 - 61 ) and 3 Div Signals Colchester, most of the rest I was attached to other regiments.

I was 3rd Div Infantry Sigs stationed near Moascar at Mackworth camp, this was in 52 and 53, the division had been in Cyprus before this and according to the stories that circulated, there was quite the nightlife in and around Famagusta (or Famagee as it was commonly known) and Nicosia, just our luck to be posted where we were.

I was 3rd Div Infantry Sigs stationed near Moascar at Mackworth camp, this was in 52 and 53, the division had been in Cyprus before this and according to the stories that circulated, there was quite the nightlife in and around Famagusta (or Famagee as it was commonly known) and Nicosia, just our luck to be posted where we were.

Although not National Service I was lucky enough to be posted to Cyprus in 1966 on the last overseas posting of the York & Lancaster regiment, I was accompanied by my lovely 19 year old wife, two years of honeymoon what a way to start a marriage, what a fabulous posting.

Although not National Service I was lucky enough to be posted to Cyprus in 1966 on the last overseas posting of the York & Lancaster regiment, I was accompanied by my lovely 19 year old wife, two years of honeymoon what a way to start a marriage, what a fabulous posting.

yes the Cyprus is great, pity it was filled with trigger happy morons who both wanted to shoot at the English

yes the Cyprus is great, pity it was filled with trigger happy morons who both wanted to shoot at the English

Luckily for us we were there after independence when most married personel lived downtown in rented hirings and not on the camps (SBAs), most of the married personel from our camps 'Episkopi' & 'Akrotiri' lived in 'Limassol' where the days of 'Eoka' had been quickly shoved under the carpet due to the fact that we were the mainsty of the Limassol economy.

We stiil visit the daughter (Zoe) of our Landlord/lady (Pambos & Eleni).

Bassman sort of thinking after independence although someone should have shot that Mikaros (Wrong Spelling) i was only there for short layover when the Turks &Greeks where shooting at each other, for me I never could tell them apart they both look alike to me but maybe thats what they said about us

Good idea National Service, put all the Poles working over here in the Army. :hihi:
Nimrod, mate. It’s probably because you never studied English history at school. I studied it, at the right time, when it happened. When Hitler started his invasions thousands of Polish forces managed to get over here to continue the fight and help Great Britain to win a war. Many were fighter pilots in Polish squadrons, and a great many died.

I am currently a Care Home resident and totally incapacitated from the hips down. I am thankful for テェイrへlpテェン、案dのw 

Nimrod, mate. It’s probably because you never studied English history at school. I studied it, at the right time, when it happened. When Hitler started his invasions thousands of Polish forces managed to get over here to continue the fight and help Great Britain to win a war. Many were fighter pilots in Polish squadrons, and a great many died.

I am currently a Care Home resident and totally incapacitated from the hips down. I am thankful for テェイrへlpテェン、案dのw 

hi pete captain cocker here .me and the lads at S.F hq have deciphed your coded message (very cunning of you to post it in language not from this planet)and are working on a plan to get you out of that death camp.the first wave will be diguised as polish plumbers so don't be alarmed when they use their blowlamps to take out security,the second wave will be led by me at the rear ,with S.F special forces bleeding heart squad suicide division, so keep your head down when you see the lentil and yogurt mortars coming over the walking frames...peter don't worry we'll get you out of there ...be strong comrade..