National service

I too decoded that message, it read " your help needed now " don't worry Peter, we're on our way, just hold tight and don't take any pills. Fred of Hereford.

good to have the S.A.S boys from hereford on board especialy 911 wasa platoon .one thing though fred we've had imformation some of the imates are under cover for the other side the p.p.p...popoff. poles. party... and are filling their colostemy bags with mustard and cat urine .so be on guard comrade .I've seen the results of a colostemy bag attack at the northern general,was'nt a pretty sight .and peter if your reading this be strong my old son we've got good back up now....with .911 wasa troop brown under pant brigade.

• 6 months later...

Hi

I am looking for any korean veterans out there........ where are you all.

I am trying to organise a reunion in Sheffield for anyone that served in the armed forces in Korea during the conflict.

If you are interested or know anyone that maybe interested please contact me either via this site or by emailing juliedawn13@ntlworld.com

NS guys did wind up in Korea for sure, when we got demobbed at Newton Abbott (Signals), we met some of the fellas we had trained with at Catterick who had served in Korea. We flew back from Suez and they had started their demob journey back by boat weeks ahead of us.

some of the lucky ones I know a lot of my fellow trainee sigs never came back, one off them was a boy troop killed before his 18th not suppose to be in combat zone until 18 but he did:mad::mad:

some of the lucky ones I know a lot of my fellow trainee sigs never came back, one off them was a boy troop killed before his 18th not suppose to be in combat zone until 18 but he did:mad::mad:

When were you there Flyer, I was with Fox troop attached to 20th and then 42nd Artillery. Radio Tech. 3rd class.

When were you there Flyer, I was with Fox troop attached to 20th and then 42nd Artillery. Radio Tech. 3rd class.

never real landed went over at my request in 51 BUT got a very nasty skin complaint in the red sea was down graded to p5 marked temp zone only and ship back by the time I got to Cyprus it was all cleared up so drop me off and I went to Libya, went though hell with it for 3 yrs, didn't get half cured until I got to Colchester, but looking back had a rough time for a few yrs when asking about the sigs i went over with all i got was he got killed and he got killed so that skin problem maybe saved my life:):)

On July 20 it will be 51 years ago I reported for National Service at 17 Training Regiment, Royal Artillery, Oswestry, Shopshire.

I was the last National Serviceman in my Regiment, 26 Field R.A stationed in Malaya. Those N.S of my service intake who were posted to West Germany were held over for a further six months on top of their two years because the army was transitioning to all volunteer and there were some regiments not yet up to full strength as a result

• 4 months later...

just a few memories of the catering in Egypt the bread which though was wholemeal but turned out to full of weavils and this is where I learned to love Marmalade as it covered up the taste also the outside toilets called pissaphones, and the shower unit that visited once a month . OH HAPPY DAYS

just a few memories of the catering in Egypt the bread which though was wholemeal but turned out to full of weavils and this is where I learned to love Marmalade as it covered up the taste also the outside toilets called pissaphones, and the shower unit that visited once a month . OH HAPPY DAYS

you mean you got to shower once a month lucky devil,mind u did get lots of swiming in when we was in camp:D:D