More Karaoke venues needed! Please help

Me and my friends love a good karaoke but the places we can go are getting few and far between...

We used to go on a Thursday to The Crown on London Road but then that stopped so we started going to The Woodseats and now they are bringing in a comedian instead of karaoke. We're ok if we want one on a fri, sat or sun but we are struggling for our thursday fix! I still miss Westway on a monday too....(yes I would go 7 nights a week)

There's loads of us - we are polite lovely girls, we sing like angels and we spend a lot of money! Please can someone suggest somewhere for us to go (it must be karaoke) or can a lovely pub person please hire a lovely KJ and sort us out!

Thank you so much:love:

The Shiny Sheff (presently under the guise of The Sheffield) on Lodge Moor has had a Thursday night karaoke for the past 11 years. It has always been of a very high quality.

The new owners of the Sheff also have occasional Saturday night karaokes run by themselves. Whilst I'd argue that the sound doesn't match up to Andy and Mandy's Thursday set-up, the song collection is much larger.

Thus, I've been seen to do my very best/worst Barry Manilow followed by a bit of Culture Club or even Gilbert O'Sullivan (you'd know why if you saw me; I was made for middle-age!!).

Further, the Saturday night dos have been known to (whisper it), go on and on and on....,

Oh and whilst I'm on, have you been to the chinese restaurant off the Moor? I think it's called Marble Court or something. It has its own DIY karaoke machine, so once you've stuffed yourself with chicken chow mein and seaweed, you can ruin everyone else'e evening by hosting your own karaoke! It's fun, I did it and the spring rolls don't hurt too hard.

Ahhh Marble Court....Me and my friends are among Billy's best customers...last week when we went he was telling us that if business didn't improve he was going to have to close down so we are making it our mission to spread the word...we have all our work do's there - we usually find an excuse at least once a month!

We've been to The Sheffield before...it was a great night...it lost points for being non smoking (from me - sorry) but now everywhere is I think another visit may be in order...!! Does john travolta still go?

We've been to The Sheffield before...it was a great night...it lost points for being non smoking (from me - sorry) but now everywhere is I think another visit may be in order...!! Does john travolta still go?

The Sheffield allowed smoking up till the ban came into force. The new owners know what they're doing and it has become a pub again.

As for John Travolta, he still goes (but I myself haven't attended a Thursday night karaoke for about 7 weeks).

Off to The Sheffield tonight...thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Hey, did you go? Was that you singing China In Your Hand? I was there (much the worse for wear. I'd been to a funeral in Hull and spent the rest of the day boozing).

I sung Why Oh Why Oh Why Oh Why by Gilbert O'Sullivan and Culture Club's Victims. I did have a third song but decided it was best to hit the sheets!!

Yeah that was me! I sang over the rainbow as well - ahhh another forummer outed!

It was a fun night...carling tasted a bit funny tho! And I chatted to a lot of locals outside...

Will probably go again - although poor selection of songs...and I didn't get to sing much...(sorry I am a bit of a diva) :hihi:

Archived