Bouldering virgin!!

My boyfriend and I want to go bouldering, he has done it before in the past but I have never done it. I think we will be going to the Matrix at sheffield uni gym as its most convenient. Can you tell me whether many girls do it? also when your starting out do you need to go to classes and if so does anyone know how these work? do they run for a certain period of time or do you just book and turn up when you want to go? lastly is there anything you have to wear especially? Anything else you can tell me that would be helpful? Thankyou!

looads of girls do it, its easy when you have been a couple of times. a great passtime for you and your BF.

dont pay to go indoors unless its rubbish weather outside. there are two great free one outdoors in the town centre not to mention the peaks. the outdoor ones are,

1) just opposite the sheaf view pub, in the park thingy

2)bottom of ecclesall raod area, just behind the DVLA place opposite greens gym.

you dont need mats or classes, just get a pair of boots from decathlon and do it. you can teach yourself and soon enough you will be climbing with the best of them. its a really cheap sport so dont get stuck into the 'got to spend money to be good' thing. i bought a pair of boots about three years ago and that is the only outlay i have had ( bar chalk at £4 a go). easy as you want it to be, cheap and good fun

Archived