Which gym would you recommend in Sheffield?

Greens are NOT rip off merchants.

You would have got option to renew annual go flexi or cancel and you should have told them either way what you wanted to do.

Notice is always 30 days from the 1st!

I am sure a lot of people have raised your issues at many other gyms not just Greens..

My advice read before you sign!

Too many people dont and then get problems and if you dont read t and c's before you sign then you may get a sting in the tail

• 3 months later...

I have been training at the Living Well gym in the city centre for four years now, it 's just had a refit and it is worse than the old gym. If you only do cardio fine but if you favour weight training the new equipment is domestic stuff you might have in your garage or spare room it has no place in a gym. There is no way enough weight on the stacks and no way the machines can be upgraded.

If your a tiny lady, extremely unfit or an adolescent not yet physically mature this is the gym for you. I am looking for a gym with opening times to suit my schedule. I am told a gym called pure is the place to be and is less than half the price of Living Well which recently increased it price..no doubt to pay for the botched refit.

• 3 months later...

I was a member of fitness unlimited a few years ago and granted it is good. However a friend gave me a free pass to fitness first just off archer road and after thinking it over I joined and have been going everyday cant stop love it. Signed up for a PT who is great knows what he's talking about there are always staff walking round ready to help, it does get busy at peak but the gym is so big there are plenty of machines to use. Very clean, changing rooms are 100% with shower gel and shampo provided. And the classes- love the boxercise or maybe zumba? can't decide which is better :)

Think its all down to personal preference

x

I have been training at the Living Well gym in the city centre for four years now, it 's just had a refit and it is worse than the old gym. If you only do cardio fine but if you favour weight training the new equipment is domestic stuff you might have in your garage or spare room it has no place in a gym. There is no way enough weight on the stacks and no way the machines can be upgraded.

If your a tiny lady, extremely unfit or an adolescent not yet physically mature this is the gym for you. I am looking for a gym with opening times to suit my schedule. I am told a gym called pure is the place to be and is less than half the price of Living Well which recently increased it price..no doubt to pay for the botched refit.

My brother goes to pure fits in with his schedulle as he works night shifts driving. he sometimes goes at 3am! cant remember how much he said think about £17 a month

I go to ponds forge fitness unlimited. I would totally reccomend it to anyone as it is really friendly and not intimidating if you aren't a super fit body builder. I wih I could go more but sadly work gets in the way sometimes. ;)

Archived