Selfish car drivers.

Guest Mod_Man

Didnt realise you knew me so well that you would think i was jealous of a peace of metal on wheels. After alot of driving down south and back i find the most ignorant and selfish drivers are the ones in the big flash cars, i was openly stating my opinion, if you dont agree with it then fine, but dont call me unless you know me
don't need to know you to form an opinion on that particular issue, a lot of people say that but drivers of those sort of cars don't say it about each other so would you say that is cos they don't do it to each other and are selective based on value and size of vehicle?

The most selfish drivers are the ones in flash cars, having taken out srings of horses(quite legally) the ones who are courteous are usually lorry drivers, bikers, van drivers and older drivers. The only problems we had were with younger drivers (male & female), and the Rep type.btw I'm a driver as well.

Im a young driver, and am considerate on the road. But the question is if the raod wasnt that busy why could'nt you cross?

You cant reasonably expect a driver to stop their vehicle for a pedestrian where it is not the pedestrians right of way. I will always stop to allow people accross zebra crossings, as it is the pedestrians right of way, but other times i would not stop unless i was already slowing down for another reason, like if the car in front of me was truning and i was about to set off again and a pedestrian wanted to cross i would allow them to, as there is no point holding them up any longer.

However 4x4's, BMW's, Audi's and other flashy cars are exempt form all rules of the road, and of moral decency. They are permitted to go as fast as they like, get as close to the vehicle in front without actually hitting them, undertake, flash you and sound their horn, run red lights where they see fit, and everyone else should just move out of their way.

don't need to know you to form an opinion on that particular issue, a lot of people say that but drivers of those sort of cars don't say it about each other so would you say that is cos they don't do it to each other and are selective based on value and size of vehicle?

think you do need to know me to form an opinion, as you are so far from the truth. Im not going on the drivers of the flash cars opinion of each other, im going on MY opinion of what i think of them, i dont give a hoot what they think of each other. In MY opinion, the drivers of the big flash cars are ignorant and selfish to other road users and pedestrians, i must admit, not all of them, but most that i have come across on my travels. As for jealousy over material things is not for me, a material girl i am not

What is it with car drivers being selfish? There we were, a group of pedestrians, wet, cold and wanting to cross the road. It would have taken five or so seconds for us to cross the road but did a car stop and let us go? Did it buggery? It's hardly like you're going to get wet or cold is it? You're already getting there quicker than the rest of us and you're warm and dry. Where's the consideration for your fellow citizen?

I saw a man attempt to cross the road behind Staples in the city centre yesterday, there was a Jeep type land rover thing coming down the road, which had to slow down a little to let the man cross the road, good lord anyone would have thought the pedestrian had murdered the land rover driver's mother, he hurled so much abuse at the pedestrian. What is it with car owners? Why the need for the selfishness and the nasty attitude towards pedestrians?

is moaning your only pastime

think you do need to know me to form an opinion, as you are so far from the truth. Im not going on the drivers of the flash cars opinion of each other, im going on MY opinion of what i think of them, i dont give a hoot what they think of each other. In MY opinion, the drivers of the big flash cars are ignorant and selfish to other road users and pedestrians, i must admit, not all of them, but most that i have come across on my travels. As for jealousy over material things is not for me, a material girl i am not
And in MY opinion that is not the case. Since you say you are not a material girl I will withdrw the jealous allegation and change it to resentment

Guest Mod_Man

You cant reasonably expect a driver to stop their vehicle for a pedestrian where it is not the pedestrians right of way. I will always stop to allow people accross zebra crossings, as it is the pedestrians right of way, but other times i would not stop unless i was already slowing down for another reason, like if the car in front of me was truning and i was about to set off again and a pedestrian wanted to cross i would allow them to, as there is no point holding them up any longer.

It was a give way junction, all cars slow down to give way but none of them seem to think giving way to the pedestrian tho is literally 3 metres away from the give way line, instead they just drive to the line and block your path.

It was a give way junction, all cars slow down to give way but none of them seem to think giving way to the pedestrian tho is literally 3 metres away from the give way line, instead they just drive to the line and block your path.

So how far is it to the nearest pedestrian crossing?

Guest Mod_Man
is moaning your only pastime

I have other pastimes too, I like pigeon hunting, ferret farming, monkey spanking, stamp licking, navel gazing, finger pointing, bum picking, finger sniffing, bogey flicking and drinking lots and lots of tea.

Guest Mod_Man
So how far is it to the nearest pedestrian crossing?

As said before, that is a pedestrian crossing but it's not a zebra crossing, it's just an area with a lowered pavement and a central reservation.