Minimum Age to join a gym?

What with the amount of obese children there is today I think it would be an idea to allow younger children to use gyms,they don't have to use weights just walking on the treadmill or using the bikes would help surely

shine4u.org

This is an organisation that supports obese and overweight young people aged 10-17 in their battle in losing weight.

the OP can go to Don Valley, not sure if you could join the gym but there are lots of under 16s and around that age doing allsorts of activities, from running, to track and field. Worth a look or google i'd say!

Fitness unlimited is the best value. You can join at 16, and use any of the facilities at Don valley, Ponds Forge, Hillsborough etc. It costs £22.99 per month.

After doing a bit of online research, ive decided that Ponds Forge is probably where i'd go. But £22.99 a month! :o

I certainly dont have that money!

Im going to get a job when i turn 16, and i dont even think id be able to afford £23 a month even with that!

After doing a bit of online research, ive decided that Ponds Forge is probably where i'd go. But £22.99 a month! :o

I certainly dont have that money!

Im going to get a job when i turn 16, and i dont even think id be able to afford £23 a month even with that!

That is cheap!

Please don't make the mistake I made when I was 18 and I ended up being a member of Esporta for 2 years, I shed a little tear each time I think about how much money I wasted! Do not get tied into a contract, choose a gym on your terms not theirs.

Where do you live? Abbeydale Park and Racquets club do a £95 a year student rate for their gym (less than £10 a month, but you pay the £95 up front), it's a good one as well, basic but has everything you'll need. Hallamshire Tennis club do a pay as you go deal, £30 to join the scheme then £3-4 each time you use the gym.

Please stay clear of the big gyms. I had to laugh the other day as a group of runners from one of these gyms were setting off in their fluorescent jackets. These silly people pay £50 a month for a running club which most people in Sheffield know how to do for free! (Just put your trainers on and run!!)

Yeah ponds forge is really cheap. £23 a month is only like £5 or £6 a week. Thats like one hours work at minimum wage! Surely you can afford that. Virgin Active and some other gyms charge around £40 a month so think yourself lucky!

Hmmmm. I suppose when you put it like that :)

But still... £23 is quite a lot if you think about how much id get for a job when im 16. I'll only be allowed to work Saturdays, and wont be much money really.

Seen as i love shopping... :P

Archived