Rebels put on hold.

mad_dog

Wow sorry I missed this thread WEXEILE, I think its a fantastic idea to put an event on there, you only need to speak to a handfull of people around town to know that bringing back a proper good party to that venue will be a storming idea. Ive never put on a night but if you want a hand doing anything, flyering, organising, whatever, give us a shout cos this could be wicked if it takes off. LONG LIVE THE FEZ!!!

I think that it was started at the wrong time, with the university term ending. If it was started at the end of September you may have seen a different outcome. Especially considering that the majority of first year students will not have been out in Sheffield before, so the reputations of the established clubs may not have meant much.

Rebels re-opened in early May - that's term time isn't it?

Sorry for being pedantic but I'm utterly cautious about catering for a population who aren't even around for several months of the year. Yes, they'd always be welcome but Rebels was always more about appealing to the classic rockers of Sheffield.

Wow sorry I missed this thread WEXEILE, I think its a fantastic idea to put an event on there, you only need to speak to a handfull of people around town to know that bringing back a proper good party to that venue will be a storming idea. Ive never put on a night but if you want a hand doing anything, flyering, organising, whatever, give us a shout cos this could be wicked if it takes off. LONG LIVE THE FEZ!!!

as has been requested before - can you please take this to your own thread about house music as this one is about Rebels! :rolleyes:

Rebels re-opened in early May - that's term time isn't it?

Sorry for being pedantic but I'm utterly cautious about catering for a population who aren't even around for several months of the year. Yes, they'd always be welcome but Rebels was always more about appealing to the classic rockers of Sheffield.

May time is usually exam time, and then the students go home untill September. The nightclubs are usually quieter for the summer period because of this, this has to factored into any business plan.

You shouldn't differentiate between students and the "clasic rockers of sheffield", a customer is a customer. As long as they behave they help make atmosphere in the club, and provide money to pay the bills.

May time is usually exam time, and then the students go home untill September. The nightclubs are usually quieter for the summer period because of this, this has to factored into any business plan.

You shouldn't differentiate between students and the "clasic rockers of sheffield", a customer is a customer. As long as they behave they help make atmosphere in the club, and provide money to pay the bills.

As early as that - blimey!

We were hoping that we'd be able to expand the nights we were open to do stuff for students and that might well still happen if we settle on a new venue that's more suited to the rock and alternative crowd. Looks like we'd be checking with the RockSocs as to when to run them though :)

Can't we all just live together and be happy?

Certainly - if you do as several people have asked and put your house music chat on your own thread!

I gave you the manager's contact details in expectation you'd then get on with doing your own thing, not keep on about ****** house music on a rock club thread.

As early as that - blimey!

We were hoping that we'd be able to expand the nights we were open to do stuff for students and that might well still happen if we settle on a new venue that's more suited to the rock and alternative crowd. Looks like we'd be checking with the RockSocs as to when to run them though :)

You may not even have to do stuff for students, if the night you put on is good then the students will come whether it is geared up for them or not. In fact I knew some students that wouldn't go to student nights as they thought it all too cheesy and tacky.

Certainly - if you do as several people have asked and put your house music chat on your own thread!

I gave you the manager's contact details in expectation you'd then get on with doing your own thing, not keep on about ****** house music on a rock club thread.

We've done now. Thanks for having us.

Archived