Royce Gracie seminar

The seminar was amazing today, a great experience, well done to everyone who recieved stipes and belts, from the yorkshire/derbyshire Royce Gracie club criss moss recieved 2 stripes on his blue belt, Mark 'The Monkey' Bottem recieved on strie on his blu belt and craig walsh recieved his blue belt. well done lads you hae done the club proud

I've already been told that I'd be laughed at for wearing a blue belt awarded by Royce...word is that he gives them out like sweets. Still, well done lads.

Did anyone ask him about drugs?

I've already been told that I'd be laughed at for wearing a blue belt awarded by Royce...word is that he gives them out like sweets. Still, well done lads.

Did anyone ask him about drugs?

here we go again...

it's not just people from royce gracie clubs who get blue belts from royce - the guy's a legend - maybe he's just looking for different qualities than what other people are looking for. if you read ultimate fighting techniques vol.1, he's quite explicit about what level he thinks a blue belt is at. if other people disagree with him, then perhaps they should take it up with him?

i got my blue belt from royce and i've trained elsewhere since, and no one has laughed at me; and on the same day that i got my blue belt, so did one of the GB Sheffield 'stalwarts' - i noticed in one of your posts you kindly provided GB Sheffield's new address, so perhaps you could pop down there and see if he gets laughed at.

perhaps the people who've told you what they have should have the balls to take it up with royce themselves instead of disregarding other people's achievements and hard work, or alternatively, perhaps other black belts should address the matter with him? either way, i wouldn't want to train at any club where it's commonplace to laugh at hard work and achievement.

well done to all those that graded - i know from experience it's well deserved.

meny thanx 2 every1 who came 2 the seminar,it was great & i really enjoyed it.

as far as i know these r the people who graded from the club(royce gracie yorkshire/derbyshire) steve marsden got 1 stripe, he's now got 4 stripes on his blue belt,mark "the monkey" bottom got 1 stripe, i'm now a blue belt 3 stripes,chris moss got 2 stripes, he's now a blue belt 2 stripes & last but not least craig welsh got his blue belt.

well done 2 every 1 who was graded & those who didn't maybe next time :thumbsup:

as 4 royce givin belts out left,right & center i fight every time i get on the mat 2 prove i deserve the belt round my waist & am very very proud 2 say the legend witch is ROYCE GRACIE gave it 2 me. i carn't c y any1 would not say thay got there belt from him,& thats the last i'm going 2 say on it. :P

once again well done 2 every1.

thanx 4 reading this :D

mark "the monkey" bottom

Hi Carcass

"I've already been told that I'd be laughed at for wearing a blue belt awarded by Royce...word is that he gives them out like sweets. Still, well done lads"

Paraphrased......your achievements are worthless, but well done anyway!

Thanks for that resounding bit of praise, much appreciated!!!!

Carcass, are you a person that:

1) Believes and repeats everything that they are told?

2) Prefers to make informed opinions from their own experiences?

I would like to think that your above post was just a bout of verbal diarrhoea and that you would actually prefer to make informed opinions. Therefore, it would be great if you could pop in to train at Royce Gracie Yorkshire/Derbysire, see what you think of the club and then come back to the forum and post your own thoughts, be they good or bad.

Note. This is an invitation, not some petty threat, please come and see for yourself. Sheffield Royce Gracie BJJ is a really friendly club (with some half decent fighters too).

Chris

P.S. Im off on holiday soon, so will not be checking posts etc etc. if you have any querises ask Mark (bjj monkey), Harry Glitter (rage).

Thanks to all those who organised another great seminar and allowing us from Tim Maskrey's club to come along.

I (Paul Morrison) also received my blue belt from Royce yesterday. Having gained belts (including black) in other martial arts, I can definitely say this is the hardest belt I have ever worked for. To the cynics I would endorse Chris's comment; go and train with the guys who have got blue belts from Royce and see what it really means.

Anymore seminars plannned this year?

Thanks again.

Paul

Great seminar :D thanks to everyone, I too hold black belts in different systems.

would be great to meet you Carcass :D you should try to get to one of our training sessions, I'm sure you would enjoy, learn and have a great time.

Archived