Royce Gracie seminar

OK, I'll take your points in the order that they were raised:

1) Nope. Notice that at no point did I indicate that I held my statement as a personal belief, rather as reported speech with the implication that I should like some comment from the other site members. I do not repeat everything I am told; I doubt that anyone does.

2) Despite the fact that your informed use of obvious choices is obviously a rhetorical device, I'm sure that I cannot disagree with you there. However, in the circumstance of someone whom I perceive to be better informed than me making a statement that apparently has grounds to be considered reasonable, I am inclined to believe them until a more attractive alternative viewpoint (i.e. a rebuttal, such as yours) is presented. This concept also has relevance to point 1).

3) Regrettably, due to being more than a bit overdrawn, all of my training has had to be put on hold (bread before BJJ, sadly). I look forward to possibly taking you up on your offer in the autumn.

Perhaps my post could have been interpreted as inflammatory - this was not the intention, as I hope I have managed to explain.

My congratulations were offered in honest spirit and I offer them again to all who successfully graded.

m8 if it's a matter of cost the frist class is free. & u r more than welcome. :thumbsup:

thanx 4 reading this. :D

mark "the monkey" bottom :hihi:

The focus was on stand up and stratergy. Some of the statergies and techniques had only just been developed by Royce and Royler and had worked in Royces last fight. Royler may be coming to Sheffield later this year. It is refreshing to see BJJ core principles covered for those who had just started and the new simple techniques.

In reply to the guys earlier post after the seminar I took Royce to Huddersfield where the standard was high but Royces were higher, Royce took a class of 36 and no one at all graded not even a stripe and some had been training 2 years plus. It is exeptionally difficult to be graded under Royce and is well deserved and some thing to be proud of. A picture of Royce awarding you a belt is something very unique and memorable.

I can certainly say after rolling with Tim who got his brown belt last year from Royce it is of the highest standard which is my experience with all of Gracie BJJ grades what ever their affiliation.

first of all. Congrats to all the guys who graded. Haven't rolled with Chris for AGES but i wouldn't deny him his grade. Top class bloke with Top class BJJ.

Can't remember rolling with Mark or Steve.

Second. Carcass is obviously the latter part of his name.

Don't feed the trolls guys!

Well done again everyone.

Rick Young says that the darker the belt the heavier it is. That is the best metaphor ive ever heard for BJJ. Yeah the black belt is the holy grail but it is a journey not just a destination.

Enjoy the Journey.

Well said Paulinho. Congratulations. A special shout out and thanks to Chris (lankymanbjj) who spent time working with me on my poor guard, as his guard is excellent, and my stand up sparring for my trad jj black belt -despite his bad back; the two stripes are very well deserved. I think it was Royce that said 'the mat does not lie' which is a sobering and challenging thought for all of us!

this should cheer everyone back up.

if anyone can get these for a seminar i will pay anything.

Awesome ground n pound, great takedown attempts, tremendous pole dancing.

i am gonna petition to the UFC to sign these. Great fight!!!!

Archived