My Family Name 'Else'

Dunno about Neil, but Steven was "batting for the other side"...a rear gunner in the Middle sex regiment. Just before class one day the girls shouted "yoohoo Steven..your Avons arrived!" What a hoot!

Neil and steven Else were like chalk and cheese I think the elder brother steve was a bit of an embarresment to neil in them days but today in our society who gives a hoot :hihi:they lived at pitsmoor/carbrook scott road area

• 2 weeks later...
dear piper 1978 ..you are welcome i will never forget my first job and the happy times i had with your nan and the jokes i had with your grandad i was fresh from school first job and only just 15 winnie got me through it and fred used to joke with me when he used to come into the shop ,many happy memories .

Ahh thanks again xx

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
fished with a top bloke, ron else for many a year. we were members of the royal oak angling club at mosborough, not seen him since the club folded in the mid 90,s but i bet he,s still fishing somewhere

Hi grandad owl, Ron is my uncle his wife is Ann and his brother bryan1943 is my Dad.

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 11:21 ----------

There's a builder in Walkley goes by the name of Terry Else, and where I used to work GB Posters there were two lads called Darren and oh, can't remember the eldest...might be worth a shot. :huh:

Hi Wayneos, what is your name? I'm Daniel Else i used to work at gb posters with my brother Darren.

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 11:24 ----------

I worked for many years with Ron Else, he lived on Sicey Ave just down from Torksey Ave ?

He may have been from the same family.

Hi, i think you mean Bryan Else, he still lives on sicey. I was brought up there im his son Daniel

Archived