Rock/metal clubs/pubs

akasha

right, found this thread due to a workmate asking me if theres any decent rock pubs/clubs to go to in sheff, him and some mates are coming down to see metallica.

obviously this threads quite old now, are the details about the pubs still the same? (ie: moorfoot tavern still doing bands etc?)

i think the sportsmans proly the best bet for him (closest to being like the old wapentake?) - whereabouts is it ive forgotten???

is there any more "clubs" or just the corp?

and when do the pubs/clubs open till?

obviously theyll be going to em after the gig

HAHA just found corporations website.......fridays is "the legendary" drop eh? that brings back memories of going to the "original" drop under the city hall every friday without fail, and running round on speed talking to everybody

The Dove N Rainbow,

The Nelson,

The Washington,

The Moorfoot Tavern,

The Grapes,

The Corporation (Club)

The Casbah (Club)

These are my regualr haunts....

All feature either good Rock DJs' or Live Bands.

Well worth checking out. Esp, the Dove and Rainbow for its beers, and the Moorfoot for Buffys Rock Karaoke. ;)

I think the Sportsman has closed. Most places are only open till 11 anyway so you will probably not get there after the gig apart from Corp which is 2.30am

Nah sportsman is still open

As is Nelson Rock Bar just down the road, Rock every night!

Archived