Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

After reading various reviews about the merits of NEVER washing your hair again using shampoo or conditioners, and just rinsing from time to time in water, I have now been convinced. Not washed my hair for 4 weeks and it feels great, although it takes up to 3 months before the full 'self cleaning' processes to settle down, giving you hair condition that even the most expensive shampoo in the world cannot imitate.

Anyone tried never washing their hair? It goes crap after about 5 days but hold out for 2 weeks and it starts to improve itself, and by week 4, looks healthy and glowing and all the excess oils evaporate away......amazing....never buy shampoo and conditioner again, waste of money and bad for environment:)

I remember this experiment being done on some prog or another some years ago, and it did actually work ... I've never had the nerve to try it though, always being in a front of house role in my working life, it's a scary thought having smelly hair for a few weeks before the effect kicks in :)

Although with the smoking ban in place ... *ponder* I might give it a go.

After reading various reviews about the merits of NEVER washing your hair again using shampoo or conditioners, and just rinsing from time to time in water, I have now been convinced. Not washed my hair for 4 weeks and it feels great, although it takes up to 3 months before the full 'self cleaning' processes to settle down, giving you hair condition that even the most expensive shampoo in the world cannot imitate.

Anyone tried never washing their hair? It goes crap after about 5 days but hold out for 2 weeks and it starts to improve itself, and by week 4, looks healthy and glowing and all the excess oils evaporate away......amazing....never buy shampoo and conditioner again, waste of money and bad for environment:)

This makes sense (I think) I'd like more posters to try it before I do though, then let us know.....but how does it look in-between times when you have to go out to work ect ?

Maybe it's like trying to let your hair grow a certain length, you have to get thru that between stage first.

Archived