Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

I'm really tempted by this, having long been conflicted about hair products and the like.

I only use shampoo maybe once a week - the rest of the time I just rinse with a bit of a conditioner. Although, if I've just henna'd it, I don't need the conditioner for a few days either.

The only thing that concerns me is that at present I use a range of stuff afterwards for the purposes of frizz control and I'd not look ideal in the inbetween stage.

But if not washing it will somehow restore some condition in my mop, I'm all in! Great thread goldenfleece :)

I'm really tempted by this, having long been conflicted about hair products and the like.

The only thing that concerns me is that at present I use a range of stuff afterwards for the purposes of frizz control and I'd not look ideal in the inbetween stage.

But if not washing it will somehow restore some condition in my mop, I'm all in! Great thread goldenfleece :)

It will but you have to be patient...nothing good comes fast, it takes time....but it will be worth the wait I promise you......

plus you have the added bonus that unwashed hair is actually fairly fire resistant ....freshly washed/treated hair when dry is like the Australian bush, one spark and it goes up in one big flare....natural hair will still shrivel, but it wont burst into flames like hair covered in conditioner and hairspray and all that garbage. In a club about 15 years ago I saw a girls hair go up in flames when she lit a cig, and caught the end of her long hair..... and her entire head of hair just went up like a flare....in less than 6 seconds she was totally hairless as so much conditioner and treatments had dried out the hair so much it was a real fire hazard.......I was about 4 feet from her and threw a pint of beer over her head, but it was too late, 90% of her hair was just history....she was very upset but suffered no serious burns as it just flamed up quick and fast like magnesium....

regularly washed and conditioned hair is a HAZARD.......especially long hair for smokers in particular.

It will but you have to be patient...nothing good comes fast, it takes time....but it will be worth the wait I promise you......

plus you have the added bonus that unwashed hair is actually fairly fire resistant ....freshly washed/treated hair when dry is like the Australian bush, one spark and it goes up in one big flare....natural hair will still shrivel, but it wont burst into flames like hair covered in conditioner and hairspray and all that garbage. In a club about 15 years ago I saw a girls hair go up in flames when she lit a cig, and caught the end of her long hair..... and her entire head of hair just went up like a flare....in less than 6 seconds she was totally hairless as so much conditioner and treatments had dried out the hair so much it was a real fire hazard.......I was about 4 feet from her and threw a pint of beer over her head, but it was too late, 90% of her hair was just history....she was very upset but suffered no serious burns as it just flamed up quick and fast like magnesium....

regularly washed and conditioned hair is a HAZARD.......especially long hair for smokers in particular.

It always surprised me how Rebels never spontaneously combusted. ;):hihi:

Anyway, I really don't think I could do it, I'm not patient enough.

This is one of those things I've always wanted to do but never actually stuck out. I used to wash my hair every other day, but a year or so ago I started only washing it with shampoo/conditioner once a week and even from doing that it's in much better condition.

Like someone else said, when my social life hits an all time low and I don't go out for a few weeks, I'll do it:P

I have a friend who only washes her hair with water and it's in fantastic condition, so I know how well it works; I just need to do it myself now.

I wonder what it would be like trying it out on say.. a babys hair, you'd have controll over it and maybe could see the difference just by rinsing it and not shampooing it every day like some mothers do.

I DO see a difference in mine even when I go 4 or 5 days without a shampoo, just rinse, although i'm just off work in those few days.

Archived