Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

It always surprised me how Rebels never spontaneously combusted. ;):hihi:.

me too...on any friday or Saturday night in 1987/8/9 you could not move without a getting a face full of hair with about 6 cans of hair spray in it.....horrible spiky stuff.....URGHHHHH

I wonder what it would be like trying it out on say.. a babys hair, you'd have controll over it and maybe could see the difference just by rinsing it and not shampooing it every day like some mothers do.

I DO see a difference in mine even when I go 4 or 5 days without a shampoo, just rinse, although i'm just off work in those few days.

Well I avoid washing my kids' hair because they hate it so much! But actually it never seems greasy. I have washed it occasionally with much screaming because I thought I should but I'm not going to anymore. Tonight they had just a bit of warm water. It's great to think they won't have to bother with it, I really hope it works!

They did an experiment on 'Where There's Life' (back in the 80s I think) where a woman didn't wash her hair for weeks - it was interesting (the results were exactly as Goldenfleece has already mentioned) but sadly didn't convince my mum that I didn't need to wash my hair :(

I had a friend at university who tried it - initially on long hair but he got fed up with it after a few weeks so had his head shaved and then grew it back without washing it.

I like the idea but I'd have to become a recluse for a month whilst my hair sorted itself out - either that or not go anywhere without wearing a hat...

NOTHING anyone could say would make me NOT wash my hair! As I have said before, I just don't feel clean unless my hair is washed int he shower every morning. Erlachh !

Does the smell of unashed hair ever go? That greasy, revolting, stomach churning smell? (Not that I would ever consider not washing it - even if the condition of my hair improved so much it stunned people who touched/saw it - just interested)

Well said. I agree completely.:thumbsup:

I've put it to the test tonight and been to a wedding. I washed my hair in hot water, blowed dried it and it was fine. The only thing was (I have quite long thick hair) that it was quite difficult to get a comb through it after rinsing it, so that took a while.

I've put it to the test tonight and been to a wedding. I washed my hair in hot water, blowed dried it and it was fine. The only thing was (I have quite long thick hair) that it was quite difficult to get a comb through it after rinsing it, so that took a while.

I just use a little conditioner and my hairs alright.

Titian, is your hair curly?

Mine is, and I'm worried about the firzz situation if I'm not putting anything else except water on it....

Titian, is your hair curly?

Mine is, and I'm worried about the firzz situation if I'm not putting anything else except water on it....

My hair is curly, and there is no frizz at all now i just use warm water to rinse. Is that what you were worries about?

Archived