Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

My hair is curly, and there is no frizz at all now i just use warm water to rinse. Is that what you were worries about?

It is - I expect I've got a quite a lot more hair than you though duffman - unless yours is long too? Mine can get horribly frizzy.

How long have you been on just the water for?

It is - I expect I've got a quite a lot more hair than you though duffman - unless yours is long too? Mine can get horribly frizzy.

How long have you been on just the water for?

No, not got long hair, just gets really thick and curly, although it's not too long at the minute so the curls are not showing as much. So for me, the frizz looks like I have wet my fingers and gone near a plug socket with them. Don't take offence but I assume yours goes in a similar fashion?

No, not got long hair, just gets really thick and curly, although it's not too long at the minute so the curls are not showing as much. So for me, the frizz looks like I have wet my fingers and gone near a plug socket with them. Don't take offence but I assume yours goes in a similar fashion?

Absolutely!

It's enormous.

But, the better the condition it's in, the less frizzy it is. At the moment that's achieved with liberal applications of all kinds of leave-in gunk after I've washed it.

If I go down the no washing route, then I'm going to be stuck with using water to keep it under control. It's not going to be pretty for a while.

Absolutely!

It's enormous.

But, the better the condition it's in, the less frizzy it is. At the moment that's achieved with liberal applications of all kinds of leave-in gunk after I've washed it.

If I go down the no washing route, then I'm going to be stuck with using water to keep it under control. It's not going to be pretty for a while.

This is my issue too- I'm the 'silicone goo' monster round these parts- without it my hair manages to look both fine and flyaway and like an explosion in a mattress factory at the same time.

Without detergents these products build up so it's hard to envisage what's meant to happen for those of us whose hair acts like a separate being.

I remember reading about self cleaning hair years ago, never tried it though.

I must say, I remain skeptical regarding people who work in badly dirty/dusty environments, it's hard to imagine the hair could self clean that amount of muck and be ready shiny new to face it all again next day!

Say for instance, you go one year with just washing it with water, then you shampoo it , does that erase all that you've done with just that one shampoo wash? do you have to start all over again ?

After reading various reviews about the merits of NEVER washing your hair again using shampoo or conditioners, and just rinsing from time to time in water, I have now been convinced. Not washed my hair for 4 weeks and it feels great, although it takes up to 3 months before the full 'self cleaning' processes to settle down, giving you hair condition that even the most expensive shampoo in the world cannot imitate.

Anyone tried never washing their hair? It goes crap after about 5 days but hold out for 2 weeks and it starts to improve itself, and by week 4, looks healthy and glowing and all the excess oils evaporate away......amazing....never buy shampoo and conditioner again, waste of money and bad for environment:)

2 words. Lazy, and tramp spring to mind.

Firstly - Why????

Secondly if you look at GF you can't tell. He has normal hair that looks like it is very well cared for.

You ask why I call someone who can't be bothered to wash their hair lazy?

People who don't wash are tramps, people who choose not to wash are lazy. I hope that answers your question to me.

And to answer your second part, I have seen GF in the flesh, and I wouldn't exactly call her groomed.

Archived